NLP Discussion Chat Transcripts Index (from IRC)
Welcome to the NLP IRC Chat Seminar Transcripts archive. This rich library of transcripts of NLP events held on Internet Relay Chat (IRC) from 1997-2001... is in transition. Some of these chats have already been removed from this archive, and others may yet be removed.
With those chats that we still find relevant and useful to our customer base, Jonathan's contributions to these chats are being rewritten and augmented into new blog entries. This process has already begun (July 2014). If a chat link still appears below in the index, its key content has not yet been published as a blog entry.
|3-Day NLP Skills-Builders!||Altfeld||- Discussing one of our seminars.|
|NLP Anchoring||Altfeld, Morgan||- A Discussion on Anchoring Skills|
|NLP Calibration||Altfeld||- Developing razor-sharp Calibration|
|Introducing NLP||Altfeld, Riggio||- High-Level discussion about NLP.|
|Meta-Future-Pacing||Altfeld||- Maximize your own NLP results!|
|Pacing and Leading||Altfeld, Morgan||- Critical communication skills.|
|State Changes||Altfeld||- Learn Better State Management|
|Submodalities & Synesthesia||Altfeld||- Accelerate your NLP Patterns|
|Belief Systems||Altfeld||- Understanding Beliefs|
|Meta-Programs & Flirtation||Altfeld||- Flirting & Cold-Reading|
|NLP Meta-Programs||Altfeld||- Behavioral Measurement|
|Metaphors||Altfeld||- Utilizing Metaphor in Life|
|NLP Interventions||Altfeld||- NLP for "Changework"|
|Reality & Imagination||Altfeld||- How deep is the Rabbit Hole?|
|Sleight of Mouth||Altfeld||- Persuasive Language Tricks|
|Strategy Pipelines||Altfeld||- Installing & Sequencing...|
|Time Distortion||Altfeld||- This took hours... or did it?|
|NLP for Sales & Selling||Altfeld||- (Self-Explanatory)|
|Amplifying Your Allure!||Altfeld, K Lavalle, Luzi||- Charisma Fuel!!!|
|Problems Into Opportunities||Altfeld, Tomasulo||- Featuring persuasive "Dr.Sulo"|
|NLP & Small Business||Altfeld, J&K Lavalle||- (Self-Explanatory)|
|Everyday NLP||Altfeld, Morgan||- Living daily with NLP!|
|How Best to Learn NLP?||Altfeld||- (Self-Explanatory)|
|NLP & Advertising||Altfeld||- 1 of our best. Must-Read!|
|NLP & Ethics||Altfeld||- Old argument, new context.|
|NLP Products||Altfeld||- DESCRIPTION|
|NLP Practitioner Course||Altfeld, J&K Lavalle, Boyley||- Thinking about attending?|
|Knowledge Engineering||Altfeld||- Discussing our KE seminar.|
|The Meta-Model||Altfeld||- Language "Deficiencies"|
|The Milton-Model||Altfeld||- Artfully Vague Language|
NLP gifts sent by mail:
CD & Sensory-Rich Word-List
- Watch NLP Co-Founder Richard Bandler use NLP to eliminate Michael Strahan's phobic response to snakes -- in minutes (with Kelly Ripa bringing over a BIG snake at the end to test Michael's response). Spoiler alert: It worked ridiculously well.
- Trial by Fire? No need. There are more pleasant ways to get great at Public Speaking (& other skills) (November 20, 2015)No matter what skill you want to learn, no matter what fears or concerns or hesitation you may have, there are and will always be a wide range of approaches, to learning that skill. It's important to keep that in mind when making learning choices.
- Did Ericksonian Hypnosis and/or NLP make these famous people into Wizards? (or help them become famous?) (September 12, 2015)Many more famous people have been trained in Ericksonian (indirect) Hypnosis and NLP than you might guess. There are certainly far more who have strong interests here than have publically admitted so.
- On January 1, 2015, Jonathan Altfeld and 20 other co-authors released a digital book entitled "Creating Business Growth."
- After six and a half great years based in central Pennsylvania, and running many courses in Washingt
- What are the Four Stages of Learning?
- In today's post, I share how and why an NLP Modeling project could be set up to fail, and what to do instead!
- In today's post, I share a sales-closing I think you'll love, and follow that with NLP skills applied to selling, including: Sensory Acuity, Sensory Awareness, Calibration, Using Suggestions to 'plant' thoughts ethically, and other NLP language patterns!
- How Well do NLP Techniques and Skills apply to selling, sales, wealth-building, closing deals, and making money? (August 18, 2014)Sales is one of the absolute best applications of NLP. Yet many salespeople well-trained in traditional models haven't taken advantage of this, usually because they're skeptical of whether or not NLP would get in the way of what they're alr
- Do your emotions drive you? Or do you drive your emotions?
- Quinton Zondervan, CEO, Excelimmune, Inc., Woburn, MAHired Coaching :I hired Jonathan for weekly 1-on-1 executive coaching, as well as invited him to spend two days with my team of scientists and managers, for a...Quinton ZondervanCEO, Excelimmune, Inc., Woburn, MAHired Coaching :
I hired Jonathan for weekly 1-on-1 executive coaching, as well as invited him to spend two days with my team of scientists and managers, for a customized presentation followed up with individual employee coaching sessions.
Jonathan was tremendously helpful in coaching me through some very difficult situations. We focussed primarily on "emotional state management" which he quickly diagnosed was where I needed the most help. Maintaining the proper emotional equilibrium while going through stressful situations to a large extend comes natural to me. Nonetheless, there was a lot of room for improvement, and Jonathan definitely helped me reach a higher level of performance. Working with Jonathan was an absolute delight because he would quickly assess the situation I would describe to him and give me clear, specific pointers on how to adjust my perceptions and options to create a more positive emotional state regarding the situation. From there we would seamlessly transition to specific training exercises to prepare for future situations. I use many of these techniques now without thinking about them; they've become part of my repertoire and toolset.
Not only was Jonathan able to help me improve my performance, he worked with my entire team to help them improve their internal communication. By appropriately confronting them with the need to take responsibility for the outcome of their individual attempts at communication, he was able to help many of them move towards a greater awareness of their own specific communication needs and approaches and to make adjustments to improve the outcome. One team member told me what an amazing resource he was. I was very pleased with the changes in the team's approach to communicating with each other. While communication is still of course not yet perfect among them, it has improved considerably, and this allowed the team to achieve an amazing result. We set goals for the end of the year that we thought were aggressive. In fact we ended up beating the date by 2 months. No doubt we got lucky of course in terms of not encountering major technical obstacles we could not easily overcome. Nonetheless I credit a significant part of our success to Jonathan's work in enabling better team communication. Just the knowledge that in fact there were specific, attainable ways to make communication better encouraged the team and gave them the confidence to work through tense or difficult situations more smoothly than before.
Jonathan is indeed a tremendous resource for those who want to improve their communications (in the broadest sense of that word). Ultimately all human achievement is based on our proficiency to interact with others in a way that makes it more likely we will achieve a mutually beneficial, mutually desired outcome. Jonathan is able to work with any team or individual motivated enough to seek help in doing better, and helping them improve. What I appreciate the most about Jonathan is that he does not try to create an unnatural dependence. On the contrary, he happily shares his techniques and uses exercises and training to help you internalize them. Like any good coach, he helps you get better and acquire new skills that you can use on your own to achieve amazing results.http://www.excelimmune.com/2011
- Jay Cataldo,Bought Video : Persuasion SummitI have a heavy background in NLP and sales persuasion and I haven't seen Chris' material anywhere else. I think that the people who already...Jay CataldoBought Video : Persuasion Summit
I have a heavy background in NLP and sales persuasion and I haven't seen Chris' material anywhere else. I think that the people who already have an NLP background will benefit the most from his tapes; because you can use everything you already know and combine it with his [higher-level] strategies. Chris's teaching style reminds me of Richard Bandler's in the way that he uses countless stories to make points and get you to think outside the box. I think his entire plan was just to get you to shift your awareness and start thinking differently. My biggest epiphany came when Chris went into tremendous detail about perceptual characters and how to install custom criteria. After watching the videos, it finally clicked in my head and I truly feel it is one of the most useful principles I have ever learned. ESPECIALLY in the area of personal relationships. Light bulbs have been going off in my head for the last couple days now over this stuff. The Persuasion summit videos are about installing a framework so you can generate your own techniques in whatever context you need to. If you're willing to invest some time, this can easily be one of the best investments you will ever make. You can use his system in conjunction with any `techniques" you are using now. Like I said before, I think people with a strong NLP background will benefit the most from these tapes, because they are already used to installing new tools in their subconscious to obtain unconscious competency, among other reasons.2003
- Ustahi, KosovoBought Audio : Knowledge EngineeringMy life is really getting even more interesting, just now I finished listening one more piece of puzzle I've been missing - how to track beliefs...UstahiKosovoBought Audio : Knowledge Engineering
My life is really getting even more interesting, just now I finished listening one more piece of puzzle I've been missing - how to track beliefs. My belief about beliefs is that they're life itself. So why not learn everything about them? If you want a precise model of how to do it and get to know people's circuits then Knowledge Engineering is the course to study and put in immediate use. I'm soon going to become Telecoms/Computers engineer and Jonathans experience as AI expert really got me in a new world of possibilites. I'm thinking about how to use it in all the directions in my life. As a guaranteed side benefit from the course is also opening your ears and listening to what people tell you. I'm really finding this a true must skill one should have. I'd like to thank Jonathan for his way of putting the model and for his genuine interest in his customers.2002
- Michael S., NLP Master Prac & Success Coach, Portland, ORBought Audio : Automatic Yes CD-setI have ordered Jonathan's programs before and had VERY high expectations for this program… as with his other programs, Jonathan, *yet again*,...Michael S.NLP Master Prac & Success Coach, Portland, ORBought Audio : Automatic Yes CD-set
I have ordered Jonathan's programs before and had VERY high expectations for this program… as with his other programs, Jonathan, *yet again*, delivers not only through his insight into how the mind works, but through the exercises that put you into *immediate action*. I found myself, as I was listening, being able to notice how my own states link together and how I had gotten stuck in the past. I feel like Jonathan has handed me the keys to move beyond where I had been -- by noticing how to sequence your communication to get results. It's incredibly easy when you know how to do it. And Jonathan has the know-how and experience to be able to teach the topics that other trainers won't touch. Because if you're like me, you may have taken practitioner and master practitioner courses… maybe from VERY well known trainers… and have yet to see a trainer who directly approaches the topic of state-chaining. What puts "Creating the Automatic YES" and Jonathan's other audio programs ahead of the pack is that he gives you exercises to do throughout the program and he has the knowledge and experience so the skills will be ingrained not only your mind but in your body where they NEED to be to get results -- easily. I have found myself noticing which state people are in as I'm talking to them and where to take them to get outcomes easily. My own confidence as a coach has grown considerably in my ability to influence my own state in VERY useful directions through listening to this audio program… that alone was worth the cost of admission. If *you're interested* in another rigorous, intellectual NLP experience… BAD NEWS… But by doing the exercises Jonathan suggests (or was it demands?), you're in for a real treat by ordering this program! My highest recommendation - THANK YOU!!2009
- Andy Preston, Sales Trainer, Outstanding Results, Manchester & LondonAttended Course : Linguistic WizardryWhat a fantastic 3-day event this is! Having been around the fringes of NLP for some time, after doing my Practitioner course, I was looking to...Andy PrestonSales Trainer, Outstanding Results, Manchester & LondonAttended Course : Linguistic Wizardry
What a fantastic 3-day event this is! Having been around the fringes of NLP for some time, after doing my Practitioner course, I was looking to further my skills without necessarily going the Master Practitioner route yet. I first met Jonathan Altfeld at an evening he ran in Manchester and heard about the Linguistic Wizadry course, and signed up immediately. Not only did the course look fantastic, but it was being held near Amsterdam - how could I refuse! In 3 days, I learnt more practical NLP (and how and where to apply it!) than with the vast majority of other trainings I've been to. I knew there were NLP trainers in the room, other Practitioners and people who'd not done Prac yet - and I was worried that the material would either be too complex for me to understand, or too simple (for the newbies). After the first hour, all those concerns melted away. Not only did Jonathan make the material simple, easy-to-understand and very practical, but the way he taught ensured everyone in the room (regardless of skill level) was getting massive value. I find I've achieved great command of metaphors, sensory language, storytelling, and much more - to list them here simply would not do the course justice! In my humble opinion this is by far the best value NLP course I've ever done, and having studied with some of the best NLP trainers in the world - I rate Jonathan in the top 1%.http://www.outstanding-results.co.uk/2006
- Paul Sims, Personal and Business Coach, Nottingham, UKBought Audio : Finding Your Irresistible VoiceSo, an 'irresistible voice,' hey? Sounds good, and so will your voice, if you listen to, and more importantly, do the exercises on this...Paul SimsPersonal and Business Coach, Nottingham, UKBought Audio : Finding Your Irresistible Voice
So, an 'irresistible voice,' hey? Sounds good, and so will your voice, if you listen to, and more importantly, do the exercises on this set. Over the course of the CD's Jonathan Altfeld takes the listener through a series of precise, progressive exercises, focusing on various aspects of the human voice from how to use your mouth, tone, rhythm, using tonality, and how to use breathing effectively when speaking. Simple exercises, powerful results. It's a great set, and I found that by using the CD's and practising with the exercises, I was able to generate a voice that not only sounded nice, it felt nice as well. Not only do I sound more melodious, more rhythmic, and that people seem to want to listen to me more, but I'm more aware of a different internal state. By focusing on developing my voice, I have become aware of a more persuasive state, where there's less mental chatter and more eloquent, persuasive verbal delivery. By concentrating on developing the physiology of an irresistible voice, you can also develop a state of powerful persuasion, which is a very big bonus!2003
- James Tsakalos, NLP Trainer, Developing Magic, Melbourne, AustraliaPersonal :Jonathan? He's very good. It's as simple as that. I would be willing to leave my students in his hands, and that puts him in the company...James TsakalosNLP Trainer, Developing Magic, Melbourne, AustraliaPersonal :
Jonathan? He's very good. It's as simple as that. I would be willing to leave my students in his hands, and that puts him in the company of maybe two or three other trainers who share that much of my respect. This is a guy who looks after every one of his students, works hard, has plenty of fun along the way and makes sure that everybody else does too. And he knows his stuff. From a student's point of view, this means that you're getting someone with top-notch skills and expertise. And from another NLP trainer's point of view - oooh baby! See, everyone knows that expertise in the nuts and bolts of NLP training will get you good results, and many trainers just stop there. But some of us aren't satisfied with nuts and bolts. Some of us want more. Because deep down, we know that there's technical skill, and then there's artistry! And this guy is an artist. As another trainer, it's an absolute joy to watch Jonathan weaving his magic. It's very easy to see that he loves what he does, and he loves doing it well. The number of NLP trainers that I endorse without reservation can be counted on the fingers of one hand (in fact, I could count them and still have room to spare for a couple of finger puppets). Jonathan is one of those trainers. If you have a chance to enroll in one of his seminars then you have a fantastic opportunity to experience quality NLP training with one of the best and most accessible trainers you're likely to find. My advice? Make the most of the opportunity - you'll have a great time, you'll learn a lot more than you think, and you'll develop some fantastic skills without even realising it until you notice yourself using them to great effect long after the course is over.http://nlpmelbourne.com.au/2011
- Rosie O'Hara, NLP Trainer, NLP Highland, Edinburgh, ScotlanAttended Course : Linguistic WizardryI thoroughly enjoyed Jonathan's Linguistic Wizardry in November 2006 in Glasgow, Jonathan's humour and at times subtle directness is...Rosie O'HaraNLP Trainer, NLP Highland, Edinburgh, ScotlanAttended Course : Linguistic Wizardry
I thoroughly enjoyed Jonathan's Linguistic Wizardry in November 2006 in Glasgow, Jonathan's humour and at times subtle directness is charming and enables great learning. I experienced these 3 days and his evening sessions both as a participant and sometimes from a trainer's perspective. The courses gave me more insight into myself (which NLP always does!), as well as more info, and exciting and useful NLP to bring to my own trainees, trainers and clients, as well as my own life. Jonathan's voice and careful testing of the waters in respect of humour are also delightful. And I met some great people. He's really worth the money, go for it, enjoy it and learn.http://www.nlphighland.co.uk2006
- Donna McGeorge, Speaker, Facilitator, People with PEP,Attended Course : Speaking IngeniouslyI have just come off a 3 day training program with 13 people. I have to say I experienced amazing results and have integrated more HC than I thought...Donna McGeorgeSpeaker, Facilitator, People with PEP,Attended Course : Speaking Ingeniously
I have just come off a 3 day training program with 13 people. I have to say I experienced amazing results and have integrated more HC than I thought. During each of the breaks David [another Holographic Communication student] was coming to me and saying things like 'great amnesia patterns' and 'cool embedded commands' (or words to that effect). There were some that I was conscious of, and others that demonstrated unconscious skill. However, this course (Cert IV), through other public offerings, is often delivered in anything from 8 days to 6 months, and I had some (secret) concerns about pulling it off in 3 days... [judicious pause]... and I did. I believe that using the HC techniques of headlines, universals/truisms, moving people through states and using embedded commands meant this program had real legs and the content was delivered in an extremely accelerated, yet satisfying, way. In any case, the proof was in the pudding. Participants, in their final presentations, demonstrated *all* of the techniques that I had taught them and performed beautifully and "passed". Thanks again for an amazing workshop and more amazing experience. I will be recommending this program to my colleagues, and look forward to an 'advanced HC' program when it eventuates.http://www.peoplewithpep.com.au/2005
- Alex Kravchenko, IT Consultant, New York, NYAttended Course : Speaking IngeniouslyConsider taking Jonathan Altfeld’s "Speaking Ingeniously" course. To start with, Jonathan is a very powerful public speaker himself, so...Alex KravchenkoIT Consultant, New York, NYAttended Course : Speaking Ingeniously
Consider taking Jonathan Altfeld’s "Speaking Ingeniously" course. To start with, Jonathan is a very powerful public speaker himself, so even if there was nothing else to recommend about this course, just the ability to model someone who’s able to deliver an amazing impromptu presentation on just about any topic I can think of is well worth the price of the workshop. What’s even better, Jonathan, in addition to being a great communicator, is also a very skillful and dedicated teacher who’s quite able and willing to deploy his considerable NLP skills to make his students better public speakers. Add to this a powerful "Speaking Ingeniously" model of delivering both prepared and off-the-cuff presentations and you get a hell of a training! Before the course I had some idea about spatial and tonal anchoring, as well as state-chaining in the context of public speaking. After the course, I have experience of moving people through various states while creating anchors. I also became much better at generating attention grabbing headlines. Bottom line – Jonathan delivers what he advertises and then some! I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to improve their public speaking skills.2007