NLP Discussion Chat Transcripts Index (from IRC)
Welcome to the NLP IRC Chat Seminar Transcripts archive. This rich library of transcripts of NLP events held on Internet Relay Chat (IRC) from 1997-2001... is in transition. Some of these chats have already been removed from this archive, and others may yet be removed.
With those chats that we still find relevant and useful to our customer base, Jonathan's contributions to these chats are being rewritten and augmented into new blog entries. This process has already begun (July 2014). If a chat link still appears below in the index, its key content has not yet been published as a blog entry.
|3-Day NLP Skills-Builders!||Altfeld||- Discussing one of our seminars.|
|NLP Anchoring||Altfeld, Morgan||- A Discussion on Anchoring Skills|
|NLP Calibration||Altfeld||- Developing razor-sharp Calibration|
|Introducing NLP||Altfeld, Riggio||- High-Level discussion about NLP.|
|Meta-Future-Pacing||Altfeld||- Maximize your own NLP results!|
|Pacing and Leading||Altfeld, Morgan||- Critical communication skills.|
|State Changes||Altfeld||- Learn Better State Management|
|Submodalities & Synesthesia||Altfeld||- Accelerate your NLP Patterns|
|Belief Systems||Altfeld||- Understanding Beliefs|
|Meta-Programs & Flirtation||Altfeld||- Flirting & Cold-Reading|
|NLP Meta-Programs||Altfeld||- Behavioral Measurement|
|Metaphors||Altfeld||- Utilizing Metaphor in Life|
|NLP Interventions||Altfeld||- NLP for "Changework"|
|Reality & Imagination||Altfeld||- How deep is the Rabbit Hole?|
|Sleight of Mouth||Altfeld||- Persuasive Language Tricks|
|Strategy Pipelines||Altfeld||- Installing & Sequencing...|
|Time Distortion||Altfeld||- This took hours... or did it?|
|NLP for Sales & Selling||Altfeld||- (Self-Explanatory)|
|Amplifying Your Allure!||Altfeld, K Lavalle, Luzi||- Charisma Fuel!!!|
|Problems Into Opportunities||Altfeld, Tomasulo||- Featuring persuasive "Dr.Sulo"|
|NLP & Small Business||Altfeld, J&K Lavalle||- (Self-Explanatory)|
|Everyday NLP||Altfeld, Morgan||- Living daily with NLP!|
|How Best to Learn NLP?||Altfeld||- (Self-Explanatory)|
|NLP & Advertising||Altfeld||- 1 of our best. Must-Read!|
|NLP & Ethics||Altfeld||- Old argument, new context.|
|NLP Products||Altfeld||- DESCRIPTION|
|NLP Practitioner Course||Altfeld, J&K Lavalle, Boyley||- Thinking about attending?|
|Knowledge Engineering||Altfeld||- Discussing our KE seminar.|
|The Meta-Model||Altfeld||- Language "Deficiencies"|
|The Milton-Model||Altfeld||- Artfully Vague Language|
NLP gifts sent by mail:
CD & Sensory-Rich Word-List
- Many NLP Practitioners are more sloppy with their thinking patterns, than they'd like to admit, or... would even notice.
- Watch NLP Co-Founder Richard Bandler use NLP to eliminate Michael Strahan's phobic response to snakes -- in minutes (with Kelly Ripa bringing over a BIG snake at the end to test Michael's response). Spoiler alert: It worked ridiculously well.
- Trial by Fire? No need. There are more pleasant ways to get great at Public Speaking (& other skills) (November 20, 2015)No matter what skill you want to learn, no matter what fears or concerns or hesitation you may have, there are and will always be a wide range of approaches, to learning that skill. It's important to keep that in mind when making learning choices.
- Did Ericksonian Hypnosis and/or NLP make these famous people into Wizards? (or help them become famous?) (September 12, 2015)Many more famous people have been trained in Ericksonian (indirect) Hypnosis and NLP than you might guess. There are certainly far more who have strong interests here than have publically admitted so.
- On January 1, 2015, Jonathan Altfeld and 20 other co-authors released a digital book entitled "Creating Business Growth."
- After six and a half great years based in central Pennsylvania, and running many courses in Washingt
- What are the Four Stages of Learning?
- In today's post, I share how and why an NLP Modeling project could be set up to fail, and what to do instead!
- In today's post, I share a sales-closing I think you'll love, and follow that with NLP skills applied to selling, including: Sensory Acuity, Sensory Awareness, Calibration, Using Suggestions to 'plant' thoughts ethically, and other NLP language patterns!
- How Well do NLP Techniques and Skills apply to selling, sales, wealth-building, closing deals, and making money? (August 18, 2014)Sales is one of the absolute best applications of NLP. Yet many salespeople well-trained in traditional models haven't taken advantage of this, usually because they're skeptical of whether or not NLP would get in the way of what they're alr
- Michael Roach, Coach, London, UKAttended Course : Belief Craft MP3 Set"Jonathan & Doug together make a winning team putting a new & exciting spin on how to be successful using sleight of mouth. You'll...Michael RoachCoach, London, UKAttended Course : Belief Craft MP3 Set
"Jonathan & Doug together make a winning team putting a new & exciting spin on how to be successful using sleight of mouth. You'll find in just a few days, your abilities & understandings of how you can use the language patterns of sleight of mouth confidently & covertly in everyday communication increasing by leaps & bounds. Even more you'll be able to target with precision your communication to achieve the outcomes you want. Take the next steps in enhancing your influence & persuasion skills now, attend Belief Craft. I was thoroughly entertained & entranced by the dynamic duo of Jonathan & Doug, both masters in their ability to train, & check that we as delegates were mastering the skills, & able to put into use the ability to craft other people beliefs, & even better we got to update our own. I thoroughly recommend this training for anyone who wants to be more successful in elegantly using the the patterns of Sleight of Mouth & knowing the appropriate contexts to use them in."http://michaelwilliamroach.com/2005
- David T., Hypnotherapist & NLP Master Practitioner, London, UKAttended Course : NLP Skills-Builders (course)Jonathan is truly one of the greats in NLP. Kind, warm-hearted, & great fun to work with. Most excellent.David T.Hypnotherapist & NLP Master Practitioner, London, UKAttended Course : NLP Skills-Builders (course)
Jonathan is truly one of the greats in NLP. Kind, warm-hearted, & great fun to work with. Most excellent.1999
- William Barron, Business Life Coach, Creating InSight, United KingdomAttended Course : Knowledge EngineeringI am using your K.E. all the time with my Business Development Coaching. The first time was over the telephone with a client. She was in London and...William BarronBusiness Life Coach, Creating InSight, United KingdomAttended Course : Knowledge Engineering
I am using your K.E. all the time with my Business Development Coaching. The first time was over the telephone with a client. She was in London and I was in Derby. She had a challenge with a customer and wanted a different way of handling him and a new project but was stuck. I explained the process started it off ... If Then Means ... faxed the start to her and then she picked up the process and by the end of the session we had worked it back and she had a better idea of what was involved and later that week emailed me with the news that she had sorted it all out. Another client was having trouble deciding on a similar situation but did not know why he was holding back on a new venture, especially as he had been made redundant and it uncovered huge amounts of stuff in his life that he hadn't told anybody before and now we are looking at that before he even considers the new business venture. Finally the last time was a client who wants to get out of a business investment, which then allowed us to take the result and work back with all the various scenarios on parallel Time Scales that showed what he needed to do, which he found extremely valuable. Along with Dilts' Logical Levels, visualization, Mind Mapping and EQ, K.E. has got to be one of the most useful things that I have learnt in the past four years. Many thanks.http://www.creatinginsight.co.uk2005
- R.J. Corradino,Bought Audio : Finding Your Irresistible VoiceI got the CD's, & I'm really doing well with them. The biggest thing I've noticed so far, is that some people who never let me get...R.J. CorradinoBought Audio : Finding Your Irresistible Voice
I got the CD's, & I'm really doing well with them. The biggest thing I've noticed so far, is that some people who never let me get a word in are now giving me more room to talk. Another thing that I didn't expect is my dog is listening to me better. Evidently he likes the stretched out vowels too!2002
- Alex Dee, Investor Relations Consultant, London, UKAttended Course : Belief Craft MP3 Set"Belief Craft opens your eyes to what you already know, but didn't know how you know, as well as teaching excellent skills/tools in...Alex DeeInvestor Relations Consultant, London, UKAttended Course : Belief Craft MP3 Set
"Belief Craft opens your eyes to what you already know, but didn't know how you know, as well as teaching excellent skills/tools in tracking beliefs and [SoM] persuasion techniques."2005
- Michael VanderDonk, NLP Trainer & Business Consultant, TOACH, Sydney, AustraliaPersonal :Michael Vanderdonk here. I'm an NLP trainer licensed by NLPTRB in Australia, trained primarily by Chris & Jules Collingwood and John...Michael VanderDonkNLP Trainer & Business Consultant, TOACH, Sydney, AustraliaPersonal :
Michael Vanderdonk here. I'm an NLP trainer licensed by NLPTRB in Australia, trained primarily by Chris & Jules Collingwood and John Grinder, with a wide range of other trainer experiences as well. I also assist at Inspiritive's NLP trainings. Some years ago, I used to be a very highly paid IT consultant, and now I'm using and training NLP and hypnosis in corporate Australia. I've seen some of the best, I've seen incredibly poor training, and I've also seen a wide range in between. I'd like to take a moment and share with you why US-based NLP trainer Jonathan Altfeld is one of my favorite trainers by far, not to mention why he's highly regarded by some of the best and most experienced trainers around the globe. My interest in Jonathan's work after having attended most of his courses in Australia led me to travel all the way to the UK to attend one of his seminars in particular. Jonathan's trained primarily by Richard Bandler, through the Society of NLP. He started training in '97, has trained all over North America and regularly trains in the UK and Australia. Unlike some who've trained with Richard Bandler, Jonathan seems to be able to navagate his way between the different NLP "camps". Jonathan even sports a gracious review from Chris & Jules Collingwood (John Grinder's favorite trainers!), and James Tsakalos in Melbourne. These high quality reviews aren't any surprise to me. When I first met him, over 6 years ago now, was struck immediately with his effort and care that he gave to his students that was far beyond the call of duty. I was surprised he joined and and even encouraged his students to continue on after the seminar, taking the new skills learnt in the classroom and applying them out in the real world. Jonathan, socially, is amazingly memorable. I remember one evening dinner with a small group from the course, and after a small demonstration with our waitress, every other waitress and waiter, and even a chef, came to our table to find out what was happening. Then there was the time he had the bar staff in stitches of laughter, so captivated they ignored the other waiting patrons (which is usually when Jonathan says "go help your customers")! While he does use several tricks to get these results, he's happy to teach these -- and usually does. His ability to communicate powerfully at different levels at the same time is what guarantees his results. His personality is magnetic, and the way he teaches quickly and easily transfers the skills. There was this time in Melbourne where once again I join him for a drink after the event. He's not even been in the country 48 hours, and the barman yells "Jonathan!" as he enters. His communication is memorable, even to those people who only meet him for a few minutes. I immensely enjoy Jonathan's work - If I didn't I would not be writing this, and I would not have attended most of his events in Australia. Nor would I have traveled around the world in May 2004 to see him and a fabulous hypnosis trainer Doug O'Brien co-train together in London. I've attended his NLP Skills-Builders course (an intro course). I've attended his Linguistic Wizardry course twice (language patterns). I've attended Knowledge Engineering (modeling & belief systems). I've attended his Belief Craft course with Doug O'Brien (combining Modeling Belief Systems with Sleight-of-Mouth). He is an outstanding trainer, able to lead a room mixed with 'beginners' and seasoned NLP trainers to a common goal - His village council exercise in Linguistic Wizardry in particular is a great example of this. If you want to train with the absolute best, start interviewing lots of NLP Practitioners, Master Practitioners, and trainers -- and find out who they think continues to be worth training with. There aren't many, but they are out there. And Jonathan is one of those few!http://www.toach.net
- Ustahi, KosovoBought Audio : Knowledge EngineeringMy life is really getting even more interesting, just now I finished listening one more piece of puzzle I've been missing - how to track beliefs...UstahiKosovoBought Audio : Knowledge Engineering
My life is really getting even more interesting, just now I finished listening one more piece of puzzle I've been missing - how to track beliefs. My belief about beliefs is that they're life itself. So why not learn everything about them? If you want a precise model of how to do it and get to know people's circuits then Knowledge Engineering is the course to study and put in immediate use. I'm soon going to become Telecoms/Computers engineer and Jonathans experience as AI expert really got me in a new world of possibilites. I'm thinking about how to use it in all the directions in my life. As a guaranteed side benefit from the course is also opening your ears and listening to what people tell you. I'm really finding this a true must skill one should have. I'd like to thank Jonathan for his way of putting the model and for his genuine interest in his customers.2002
- Jim Black, Philadelphia, PAAttended Course : Belief Craft MP3 SetOut of the many seminars and trainings I've participated in over the years, Belief Craft tops them all. If you make the decision to take this...Jim BlackPhiladelphia, PAAttended Course : Belief Craft MP3 Set
Out of the many seminars and trainings I've participated in over the years, Belief Craft tops them all. If you make the decision to take this course, you'll not only get everything you wanted, but also things you never imagined."
- Steve Boyley, NLP Trainer, Vancouver, BCAttended Course : Linguistic WizardryIn 8 days I get to know the delegates who attend my NLP Training seminars. I find out how much they have learned from previous seminars they have...Steve BoyleyNLP Trainer, Vancouver, BCAttended Course : Linguistic Wizardry
In 8 days I get to know the delegates who attend my NLP Training seminars. I find out how much they have learned from previous seminars they have attended, by direct observation of the skill they demonstrate, as well as through direct inquire into their perceptions of previous training experiences. I regularly hear positive commentary about Jonathan's Linguistic Wizardry seminars. The confidence and proficiency with the skills Jonathan has taught them, is plainly evident. In addition, people I have trained have subsequently attended Jonathan's Linguistic Wizardry seminar and provided me with very positive feedback on their experiences with Jonathan.http://www.nlpmind.com2007
- Todd Baumgartner, Systems Administrator, Cincinnati, OHAttended Course : NLP Skills-Builders (course)After attending an NLP seminar with Jonathan Altfeld, I can only use one word to describe it: amazing! Throughout the weekend, I went through a...Todd BaumgartnerSystems Administrator, Cincinnati, OHAttended Course : NLP Skills-Builders (course)
After attending an NLP seminar with Jonathan Altfeld, I can only use one word to describe it: amazing! Throughout the weekend, I went through a metamorphosis, leaving the cocoon of my former limited self and now knowing that I can accomplish anything I desire. My only limit now is time. I was amazed to have seen some of my limiting beliefs just fade away and snap like delicate threads. Not only did these changes take place during the seminar, but I now have the tools necessary to make other changes to any aspect of my life. I now understand that the only thing holding me back was myself! Seeing Jonathan using the skills he was teaching in real life was also a major plus. He uses everything that he is teaching all of the time. He doesn't give stop until he knows that everyone has learned what they need to know. In the past few days, since the seminar, I have developed more rapport with my family and co-workers. In the past, I would have been in a situation where meeting new people would have scared me immensely, and now, I can't wait to meet new people. My only regret is that I didn't do this sooner. If you are not living life to the fullest, then you owe it to yourself to go to one of his seminars.1997