NLP Discussion Chat Transcripts Index (from IRC)
Welcome to the NLP IRC Chat Seminar Transcripts archive. This rich library of transcripts of NLP events held on Internet Relay Chat (IRC) from 1997-2001... is in transition. Some of these chats have already been removed from this archive, and others may yet be removed.
With those chats that we still find relevant and useful to our customer base, Jonathan's contributions to these chats are being rewritten and augmented into new blog entries. This process has already begun (July 2014). If a chat link still appears below in the index, its key content has not yet been published as a blog entry.
|3-Day NLP Skills-Builders!||Altfeld||- Discussing one of our seminars.|
|NLP Anchoring||Altfeld, Morgan||- A Discussion on Anchoring Skills|
|NLP Calibration||Altfeld||- Developing razor-sharp Calibration|
|Introducing NLP||Altfeld, Riggio||- High-Level discussion about NLP.|
|Meta-Future-Pacing||Altfeld||- Maximize your own NLP results!|
|Pacing and Leading||Altfeld, Morgan||- Critical communication skills.|
|State Changes||Altfeld||- Learn Better State Management|
|Submodalities & Synesthesia||Altfeld||- Accelerate your NLP Patterns|
|Belief Systems||Altfeld||- Understanding Beliefs|
|Meta-Programs & Flirtation||Altfeld||- Flirting & Cold-Reading|
|NLP Meta-Programs||Altfeld||- Behavioral Measurement|
|Metaphors||Altfeld||- Utilizing Metaphor in Life|
|NLP Interventions||Altfeld||- NLP for "Changework"|
|Reality & Imagination||Altfeld||- How deep is the Rabbit Hole?|
|Sleight of Mouth||Altfeld||- Persuasive Language Tricks|
|Strategy Pipelines||Altfeld||- Installing & Sequencing...|
|Time Distortion||Altfeld||- This took hours... or did it?|
|NLP for Sales & Selling||Altfeld||- (Self-Explanatory)|
|Amplifying Your Allure!||Altfeld, K Lavalle, Luzi||- Charisma Fuel!!!|
|Problems Into Opportunities||Altfeld, Tomasulo||- Featuring persuasive "Dr.Sulo"|
|NLP & Small Business||Altfeld, J&K Lavalle||- (Self-Explanatory)|
|Everyday NLP||Altfeld, Morgan||- Living daily with NLP!|
|How Best to Learn NLP?||Altfeld||- (Self-Explanatory)|
|NLP & Advertising||Altfeld||- 1 of our best. Must-Read!|
|NLP & Ethics||Altfeld||- Old argument, new context.|
|NLP Products||Altfeld||- DESCRIPTION|
|NLP Practitioner Course||Altfeld, J&K Lavalle, Boyley||- Thinking about attending?|
|Knowledge Engineering||Altfeld||- Discussing our KE seminar.|
|The Meta-Model||Altfeld||- Language "Deficiencies"|
|The Milton-Model||Altfeld||- Artfully Vague Language|
NLP gifts sent by mail:
CD & Sensory-Rich Word-List
- Watch NLP Co-Founder Richard Bandler use NLP to eliminate Michael Strahan's phobic response to snakes -- in minutes (with Kelly Ripa bringing over a BIG snake at the end to test Michael's response). Spoiler alert: It worked ridiculously well.
- Trial by Fire? No need. There are more pleasant ways to get great at Public Speaking (& other skills) (November 20, 2015)No matter what skill you want to learn, no matter what fears or concerns or hesitation you may have, there are and will always be a wide range of approaches, to learning that skill. It's important to keep that in mind when making learning choices.
- Did Ericksonian Hypnosis and/or NLP make these famous people into Wizards? (or help them become famous?) (September 12, 2015)Many more famous people have been trained in Ericksonian (indirect) Hypnosis and NLP than you might guess. There are certainly far more who have strong interests here than have publically admitted so.
- On January 1, 2015, Jonathan Altfeld and 20 other co-authors released a digital book entitled "Creating Business Growth."
- After six and a half great years based in central Pennsylvania, and running many courses in Washingt
- What are the Four Stages of Learning?
- In today's post, I share how and why an NLP Modeling project could be set up to fail, and what to do instead!
- In today's post, I share a sales-closing I think you'll love, and follow that with NLP skills applied to selling, including: Sensory Acuity, Sensory Awareness, Calibration, Using Suggestions to 'plant' thoughts ethically, and other NLP language patterns!
- How Well do NLP Techniques and Skills apply to selling, sales, wealth-building, closing deals, and making money? (August 18, 2014)Sales is one of the absolute best applications of NLP. Yet many salespeople well-trained in traditional models haven't taken advantage of this, usually because they're skeptical of whether or not NLP would get in the way of what they're alr
- Do your emotions drive you? Or do you drive your emotions?
- Andy Smith, Trainer of NLP & Appreciative Inquiry, Coaching Leaders, FranceBought Audio : Metaphor Machine CDsJonathan Altfeld has done a first-class job of clarifying what makes a successful metaphor, and how to generate as many as you need. This CD set has...Andy SmithTrainer of NLP & Appreciative Inquiry, Coaching Leaders, FranceBought Audio : Metaphor Machine CDs
Jonathan Altfeld has done a first-class job of clarifying what makes a successful metaphor, and how to generate as many as you need. This CD set has given me a much better conscious understanding of how to use metaphor, and has changed the I way I teach metaphor use on my NLP Practitioner and Master Practitioner courses. Also, to my knowledge, this material is more advanced than anything else available on metaphor construction.http://www.coachingleaders.co.uk/2009
- Ted VanderNoot, Cognitrix, London, UKAttended Course : Belief Craft MP3 Set"Your presentation of AI & Knowledge Engineering & how computer software systems can learn & decide was quite interesting. But using...Ted VanderNootCognitrix, London, UKAttended Course : Belief Craft MP3 Set
"Your presentation of AI & Knowledge Engineering & how computer software systems can learn & decide was quite interesting. But using these models to then explore modelling in the NLP context was mind-blowing! It was really cool how well we were tracking beliefs by only the second day. [...] Not only could we track beliefs & language patterns "on the fly" but we could unravel their interconnections & their interactions conversationally. I thoroughly recommend your course to anyone who wants to improve their skills at tracking language patterns & modelling."http://www.cognitrix.com/2005
- Richard Campo, Project Manager, London, UKAttended Course : Belief Craft MP3 Set"KE is pure Dynamite and when used with [SoM], the combination is explosive! The tools compliment each other so well, you'll find you can...Richard CampoProject Manager, London, UKAttended Course : Belief Craft MP3 Set
"KE is pure Dynamite and when used with [SoM], the combination is explosive! The tools compliment each other so well, you'll find you can not only smash a nut with a hammer but also finely craft and cut and piece back together an issue or problem with the finesse of a skilled craftsman."2005
- R.J. Corradino,Bought Audio : Finding Your Irresistible VoiceI got the CD's, & I'm really doing well with them. The biggest thing I've noticed so far, is that some people who never let me get...R.J. CorradinoBought Audio : Finding Your Irresistible Voice
I got the CD's, & I'm really doing well with them. The biggest thing I've noticed so far, is that some people who never let me get a word in are now giving me more room to talk. Another thing that I didn't expect is my dog is listening to me better. Evidently he likes the stretched out vowels too!2002
- Matthew Newnham, Change Management Consultant, Edinburgh, UKAttended Course :From my perspective, context and meaning are, if not everything, a very big slice of the cake. Jonathan Altfeld's 'Knowledge Engineering...Matthew NewnhamChange Management Consultant, Edinburgh, UKAttended Course :
From my perspective, context and meaning are, if not everything, a very big slice of the cake. Jonathan Altfeld's 'Knowledge Engineering' has provided me with the tools and understanding to create contextual maps of any problem, with cause, effect AND meaning. This approach is very powerful, and allowed me to create breakthrough strategies immediately, with clarity and certainty of purpose. Beyond this, Jonathan is exceptionally wise and articulate about NLP and how to use it to effect meaningful, lasting change. He is also very approachable and generous, and a pleasure to work with.1997
- Jay Cataldo,Bought Video : Persuasion SummitI have a heavy background in NLP and sales persuasion and I haven't seen Chris' material anywhere else. I think that the people who already...Jay CataldoBought Video : Persuasion Summit
I have a heavy background in NLP and sales persuasion and I haven't seen Chris' material anywhere else. I think that the people who already have an NLP background will benefit the most from his tapes; because you can use everything you already know and combine it with his [higher-level] strategies. Chris's teaching style reminds me of Richard Bandler's in the way that he uses countless stories to make points and get you to think outside the box. I think his entire plan was just to get you to shift your awareness and start thinking differently. My biggest epiphany came when Chris went into tremendous detail about perceptual characters and how to install custom criteria. After watching the videos, it finally clicked in my head and I truly feel it is one of the most useful principles I have ever learned. ESPECIALLY in the area of personal relationships. Light bulbs have been going off in my head for the last couple days now over this stuff. The Persuasion summit videos are about installing a framework so you can generate your own techniques in whatever context you need to. If you're willing to invest some time, this can easily be one of the best investments you will ever make. You can use his system in conjunction with any `techniques" you are using now. Like I said before, I think people with a strong NLP background will benefit the most from these tapes, because they are already used to installing new tools in their subconscious to obtain unconscious competency, among other reasons.2003
- Bob Anzlovar, IT Consultant, Denver, COAttended Course : “Irresistible Voice”seminarI've trained with Jonathan twice now. If you want whizbang magick but don't mind not necessarily knowing how it happens, there are lots of...Bob AnzlovarIT Consultant, Denver, COAttended Course : “Irresistible Voice”seminar
I've trained with Jonathan twice now. If you want whizbang magick but don't mind not necessarily knowing how it happens, there are lots of folks who provide that. If you want nuts and bolts and understanding of exactly how they go together, Jonathan is good for that. I recommend him for anyone who wants to know what really happened at that other seminar! Thanks for the weekend!2009
- Donna McGeorge, Speaker, Facilitator, People with PEP,Hired Coaching : Personal CoachingOn the 2 occasions that you have coached me, I have experienced what I assumed to be metaphor sessions. I'm not totally conscious of the...Donna McGeorgeSpeaker, Facilitator, People with PEP,Hired Coaching : Personal Coaching
On the 2 occasions that you have coached me, I have experienced what I assumed to be metaphor sessions. I'm not totally conscious of the process or content of the sessions, yet the results I have had from both sessions are as follows: Session 1 - desired outcome - "get some focus and direction for moving forward given that I'd achieved a lot of what I set out to. What's next?". Whatever you did, my business increased by over 30% in revenues following the session. My focus changed, and I implemented the "Donna the Diva" project, which has resulted in my getting my mojo back, and being way more confident in my skin and clear about what I'm good at. This has also resulted in my "sacking" 2 clients that didn't fit my vision for myself, and for PEP. Again, I'm not sure that I'm consciously aware of what I was doing differently - all I know is that a shift happened, and the result was useful (to say the least). Session 2 - desired outcome - "I'm earning more money than I ever had, and I am swimming in debt - help?! ". Again, I know we talked about a bunch of strategies and I'm clear they also were metaphors. I think our session was about 8 weeks ago? Well, since then - I have cleared all my creditors, and have over $25K in a personal bank account (something that has NEVER happened before). Steve and I are currently shopping for property, and I'm no longer afraid to answer the phone for fear of speaking to a creditor. The physical manifestation of this is that I used to have a folder that was nearly 1.5 inches thick full of bills and accounts. It is currently about an eighth of an inch thick - and these are all less than 30 days. So - that's a pretty literal description of my results of working with you, and I am most grateful to you, and look forward to further coaching. I am happy for you to use any of the above. None of it is a secret - I tell anyone who cares to listen about the results I get following your sessions.http://www.peoplewithpep.com.au/2007
- Michael DeBusk, NLP Master Practitioner, MarylandAttended Course : NLP Skills-Builders (course)Jonathan, I absolutely loved spending the weekend training with you in DC. As a Licensed Master Practitioner, I was delighted to find myself...Michael DeBuskNLP Master Practitioner, MarylandAttended Course : NLP Skills-Builders (course)
Jonathan, I absolutely loved spending the weekend training with you in DC. As a Licensed Master Practitioner, I was delighted to find myself learning new ways to further refine my skills and discovering new parts of my brain. That fingertip exercise you demonstrated--the one that increases interhemispherical communication in the brain--I use it daily and am impressed with the results. And I'm noticing that I have an even greater ability with language patterns. My favorite part of the weekend, though, was watching the personal transformations made by other members of the class, specifically the skeptics. These folks went from "show me" to "show me more!" in an incredibly short period of time. You've helped them begin the process of dramatically improving their lives, and it was an honor to observe and take part in it. Thanks, too, for spending extra time with the class... running longer than scheduled so you could share "just one more cool thing" with us, even having meals with us "out in the real world." We all got much more than we paid for. I'm very glad I trained with you and Mastery InSight, and I'll very likely do so again in the future. Thanks again.http://nlphilia.net/1998
- Simon Applebaum, Harmonix Systems, Southampton, UKAttended Course : Finding Your Irresistible VoiceI learned loads and increased my confidence in my own voice massively. The course kicked off with an opportunity for everyone to speak to the group...Simon ApplebaumHarmonix Systems, Southampton, UKAttended Course : Finding Your Irresistible Voice
I learned loads and increased my confidence in my own voice massively. The course kicked off with an opportunity for everyone to speak to the group and we got immediate feedback on our vocal strengths and areas for improvement. The feedback was insightful and effective - even at this very early stage of the course, we were all achieving quite serious improvements. A key aspect of Jonathan's approach is the use of real-time feedback and he uses several tools to do this. The theory is that normally you don't actually hear your own voice quite as other people do - the sound changes as it travels through the bones and tissues of your own head! By using feedback, you hear a more accurate version of your own voice, as other people hear it, and you can make adjustments on the fly in response to it. This worked for me. Although I'd previously done voice work, this was the first time I'd used this approach. I found I could focus on the actual sound of my voice, as I spoke. I sounded better which increased my confidence, helping me slow down my usual rush to get finished. Overall I found the course great fun, I learnt loads and the time passed in a flash. I particularly appreciated the lighter hearted sections at the end of the day's training where Jonathan demonstrated his voice impersonation skills. Ranging from Stallone and Arnie, through to Marge Simpson, we were all encouraged to join in and explore the range of our own voices. Fun and with a very serious purpose: each accent we practiced exercised particular parameters of our voice. Because I attended the beginning and end of the course, I missed out a big chunk in the middle including any gradual improvements the other attendees were making in their voice. So for me, on my return on the final day, I noticed quite dramatic improvements compared with the initial session. Straw polls frequently show that many people lack confidence in their voice. If you consider your voice to be one of your key assets, Finding Your Irresistible Voice is a valuable and effective learning experience, where you could expect to make fantastic improvements, in a fun and supportive environment, that boosts your confidence.2006