Mastery InSight NLP: What's Hot & Social Media
Mastery InSight Institute on FACEBOOK
We use Facebook to post interesting and timely comments that don't necessarily require entire blog entries here. We look forward to connecting and engaging with you there as well as here.
Mastery InSight Institute on Twitter
NLP gifts sent by mail:
CD & Sensory-Rich Word-List
- Did Ericksonian Hypnosis and/or NLP make these famous people into Wizards? (or help them become famous?) (September 12, 2015)Many more famous people have been trained in Ericksonian (indirect) Hypnosis and NLP than you might guess. There are certainly far more who have strong interests here than have publically admitted so.
- On January 1, 2015, Jonathan Altfeld and 20 other co-authors released a digital book entitled "Creating Business Growth."
- After six and a half great years based in central Pennsylvania, and running many courses in Washingt
- What are the Four Stages of Learning?
- In today's post, I share how and why an NLP Modeling project could be set up to fail, and what to do instead!
- In today's post, I share a sales-closing I think you'll love, and follow that with NLP skills applied to selling, including: Sensory Acuity, Sensory Awareness, Calibration, Using Suggestions to 'plant' thoughts ethically, and other NLP language patterns!
- How Well do NLP Techniques and Skills apply to selling, sales, wealth-building, closing deals, and making money? (August 18, 2014)Sales is one of the absolute best applications of NLP. Yet many salespeople well-trained in traditional models haven't taken advantage of this, usually because they're skeptical of whether or not NLP would get in the way of what they're alr
- Do your emotions drive you? Or do you drive your emotions?
- NLP has enabled people just like you to discover that actively building, deepening, and maintaining Rapport creates stronger and more desirable results in communication settings of any kind.
- NLP Insights from Animal-Training helps you learn and teach more effectively!
- John Schertzer, Vice President, Securities, & NLP Master Practitioner, New York, NYAttended Course : Linguistic Wizardry"Right after coming back from his training in Boston, I was cooking! A few weeks after the training I did what many people said was my best...John SchertzerVice President, Securities, & NLP Master Practitioner, New York, NYAttended Course : Linguistic Wizardry
"Right after coming back from his training in Boston, I was cooking! A few weeks after the training I did what many people said was my best poetry performance ever -- actually had people calling be up, asking me to email poems to them, and to put them on my mailing list (but I don't have a mailing list) -- and since then I've been a very useful to my friends, family and clients, helping them deal with emotional and mental obstacles, and make creative breakthroughs and achieve their goals. Jonathan sets a great example, and blasts through beliefs that are holding you back from being your best. But I'll let YOU find out how."2005
- Jenny Waller, Life Coach, Coaching with Jen,Attended Course : Speaking Ingeniously"Jonathan Altfeld is a highly skilled communicator and trainer whom it is an absolute pleasure to watch at work. He cultivates a learning...Jenny WallerLife Coach, Coaching with Jen,Attended Course : Speaking Ingeniously
"Jonathan Altfeld is a highly skilled communicator and trainer whom it is an absolute pleasure to watch at work. He cultivates a learning environment which nurtures and develops the skills and abilities of everyone within the group, and created epic transformations."http://www.coachingwithjen.com/2006
- Mark Wilson, Bismarck, NDAttended Course : Flirtopia DVD-setWhen I grew up we moved many times. I hadn't developed any social skills, so as I grew up I would always be shy around strangers. I begin to...Mark WilsonBismarck, NDAttended Course : Flirtopia DVD-set
When I grew up we moved many times. I hadn't developed any social skills, so as I grew up I would always be shy around strangers. I begin to feel anxious in meeting not only women but also any new people. What would I say? What happens when the conversation dies? I would hang on to anyone who showed any interest in me. Needless to say, I dated many "Ms. Right Now's" rather than "Ms. Right's" because they accepted me. After I attended the Flirtopia seminar, now I feel comfortable in any social situation. In having a new perspective in reading their comfort level, interest and willingness to follow me, I can lead them into many other activities that I enjoy. As I look back in my life, without attending Flirtopia, I know I would either be alone or with people who not only would tolerate my shyness but eventually become bored with it and take advantage of me. Now I find there is so much more to life. More doors have opened through becoming more social and I have been able to choose a woman who enjoys my company and we enjoy a much richer relationship. I know there have been events that have changed who I am today. Flirtopia is one of the most important in becoming who I am today. Thank you Jonathan.2000
- Tom Minter, Entrepreneur, London, UKAttended Course : Speaking IngeniouslyWhether you are looking to improve your speaking or to gain more of a mastery over yourself, Speaking Ingeniously is a course that will grow and...Tom MinterEntrepreneur, London, UKAttended Course : Speaking Ingeniously
Whether you are looking to improve your speaking or to gain more of a mastery over yourself, Speaking Ingeniously is a course that will grow and stretch you beyond what you previously thought possible. With each passing day you will be amazed and inspired as you feel your skill and confidence being educed from within. In my experience Jonathan's skills as an NLP trainer are second to none, and through his masterful and outstanding techniques you will be blown away with - and left open-mouthed - at your own potential. Thank you for the great five days, I really appreciate your time and commitment to us. It was also enjoyable and memorable to spend some great time on a personal level. No doubt we will have more chances again in the future...2006
- Mark Hopkins, Tampa, FLAttended Course : Persuasion SummitIf you think you know persuasion, you might be right, but what you know -- you [may be] doing wrong. Chris & Jonathan teach you how to direct...Mark HopkinsTampa, FLAttended Course : Persuasion Summit
If you think you know persuasion, you might be right, but what you know -- you [may be] doing wrong. Chris & Jonathan teach you how to direct people's attention to what they want. That leaves you -- to give it to them.2001
- Erol Thompson, London, UKAttended Course : Linguistic WizardryAs someone relatively new to the subject of NLP I greatly appreciated the mix and range of experience available to me on the linguistic wizardry...Erol ThompsonLondon, UKAttended Course : Linguistic Wizardry
As someone relatively new to the subject of NLP I greatly appreciated the mix and range of experience available to me on the linguistic wizardry seminar. Knowledge sharing wasn't just encouraged by Jonathon, but expected as a pre-requisite to getting the most out of the course. As a result this added to the whole seminar experience from day one. Perhaps of greatest benefit to me was the way that Jonathon ensured that we learned as much during lunch breaks and evening conversations as we had learned during the day. By joining us Jonathon showed how the material could be usefully integrated in the real world - achieving shop discounts ethically, was another great bonus. During the course, the practical sessions and brain gym exercises were highly enjoyable - I've already used one or two as handy exercises to occupy the attention of boisterous nephews and nieces. It seems NLP really is 'child's play'. In general, I would like to have played around with more examples of 'state-chaining' through story telling. The Village Council sessions allowed me to see for myself how I'd benefited from the course. Personal benefits for me since the course have been in my professional and social interactions - for instance I now find it easier to model the behaviours of colleagues who have enviable influencing styles; I now see interactions as an opportunity to share stories in a more exciting way; and the quality of my presentations (and joke telling) have improved. For this I believe Jonathon should take some credit.2006
- Alex Akselrod,Bought Audio : Finding Your Irresistible VoiceAs a certified hypnotherapist, I can tell you that I will use these techniques in all of my future hypnosis work, both with clients & on tape, as...Alex AkselrodBought Audio : Finding Your Irresistible Voice
As a certified hypnotherapist, I can tell you that I will use these techniques in all of my future hypnosis work, both with clients & on tape, as well as any inductions I record for free distribution. Jonathan demonstrated these techniques as he taught them, & each time, I had a high level of response to them. He is a very dynamic speaker, & forced me to really pay attention & understand the communication at all levels.2001
- Simon Applebaum, Harmonix Systems, Southampton, UKAttended Course : Finding Your Irresistible VoiceI learned loads and increased my confidence in my own voice massively. The course kicked off with an opportunity for everyone to speak to the group...Simon ApplebaumHarmonix Systems, Southampton, UKAttended Course : Finding Your Irresistible Voice
I learned loads and increased my confidence in my own voice massively. The course kicked off with an opportunity for everyone to speak to the group and we got immediate feedback on our vocal strengths and areas for improvement. The feedback was insightful and effective - even at this very early stage of the course, we were all achieving quite serious improvements. A key aspect of Jonathan's approach is the use of real-time feedback and he uses several tools to do this. The theory is that normally you don't actually hear your own voice quite as other people do - the sound changes as it travels through the bones and tissues of your own head! By using feedback, you hear a more accurate version of your own voice, as other people hear it, and you can make adjustments on the fly in response to it. This worked for me. Although I'd previously done voice work, this was the first time I'd used this approach. I found I could focus on the actual sound of my voice, as I spoke. I sounded better which increased my confidence, helping me slow down my usual rush to get finished. Overall I found the course great fun, I learnt loads and the time passed in a flash. I particularly appreciated the lighter hearted sections at the end of the day's training where Jonathan demonstrated his voice impersonation skills. Ranging from Stallone and Arnie, through to Marge Simpson, we were all encouraged to join in and explore the range of our own voices. Fun and with a very serious purpose: each accent we practiced exercised particular parameters of our voice. Because I attended the beginning and end of the course, I missed out a big chunk in the middle including any gradual improvements the other attendees were making in their voice. So for me, on my return on the final day, I noticed quite dramatic improvements compared with the initial session. Straw polls frequently show that many people lack confidence in their voice. If you consider your voice to be one of your key assets, Finding Your Irresistible Voice is a valuable and effective learning experience, where you could expect to make fantastic improvements, in a fun and supportive environment, that boosts your confidence.2006
- Cesar Gutierrez, New York, NYBought Audio : Finding Your Irresistible VoicePeople are now initiating conversations with me about trivial things just to hear my voice. For example, 'what kind of headset do I use with my...Cesar GutierrezNew York, NYBought Audio : Finding Your Irresistible Voice
People are now initiating conversations with me about trivial things just to hear my voice. For example, 'what kind of headset do I use with my cellphone?' Really, who asks people what kind of headset do they use?! A co-worker who ordinarily only talks to me only when she has to, asked me 'what time did I get off work and where do I live?' I won't say what happened after that! Results include: (1) My requests are happily granted and sometimes a little extra is thrown in for no reason. (2) I'm instantly diffusing tense and escalated situations. (3) I have increased acuity in my other senses. (4) A co-worker admitted to daydreaming while I was talking to her. One co-worker expressed a bit of jealousy because another co-worker now wants to talk to me more than they want to talk to them. If that's not irresistible, I don't know what is!! I'm usually reserved and speak only when spoken to, however, with these new techniques I find myself looking for opportunities to speak so I can practice and refine my skills. People join conversations I'm in, More people are expressing interest in my website when I use the Embedded Command technique, etc. This is just a small example, Jonathan. Keep up the good work!2005
- James Tsakalos, NLP Trainer, Developing Magic, Melbourne, AustraliaAttended Course :K.E. is the most elegant thing I've come across for explicitly modeling belief and decision systems. I recently included some basic K.E. in an...James TsakalosNLP Trainer, Developing Magic, Melbourne, AustraliaAttended Course :
K.E. is the most elegant thing I've come across for explicitly modeling belief and decision systems. I recently included some basic K.E. in an NLP master prac training in Melbourne, and all the participants found it to be immeasurably valuable for explicit modeling (among other things). Based on the group's response to K.E. and the speed with which they were able to extract key belief and decision systems using this approach, I have resolved to make it a core part of my master practitioner curriculum from now on. Many thumbs up from me; Jonathan's K.E. material is just plain great. I can't comment on the home study course, but if you get a chance to attend a live K.E. training then I highly recommend checking it out.http://nlpmelbourne.com.au/2004