NLP gifts sent by mail:
CD & Sensory-Rich Word-List
- Watch NLP Co-Founder Richard Bandler use NLP to eliminate Michael Strahan's phobic response to snakes -- in minutes (with Kelly Ripa bringing over a BIG snake at the end to test Michael's response). Spoiler alert: It worked ridiculously well.
- Trial by Fire? No need. There are more pleasant ways to get great at Public Speaking (& other skills) (November 20, 2015)No matter what skill you want to learn, no matter what fears or concerns or hesitation you may have, there are and will always be a wide range of approaches, to learning that skill. It's important to keep that in mind when making learning choices.
- Did Ericksonian Hypnosis and/or NLP make these famous people into Wizards? (or help them become famous?) (September 12, 2015)Many more famous people have been trained in Ericksonian (indirect) Hypnosis and NLP than you might guess. There are certainly far more who have strong interests here than have publically admitted so.
- On January 1, 2015, Jonathan Altfeld and 20 other co-authors released a digital book entitled "Creating Business Growth."
- After six and a half great years based in central Pennsylvania, and running many courses in Washingt
- What are the Four Stages of Learning?
- In today's post, I share how and why an NLP Modeling project could be set up to fail, and what to do instead!
- In today's post, I share a sales-closing I think you'll love, and follow that with NLP skills applied to selling, including: Sensory Acuity, Sensory Awareness, Calibration, Using Suggestions to 'plant' thoughts ethically, and other NLP language patterns!
- How Well do NLP Techniques and Skills apply to selling, sales, wealth-building, closing deals, and making money? (August 18, 2014)Sales is one of the absolute best applications of NLP. Yet many salespeople well-trained in traditional models haven't taken advantage of this, usually because they're skeptical of whether or not NLP would get in the way of what they're alr
- Do your emotions drive you? Or do you drive your emotions?
- Jim Rapson, NLP Trainer, Real Estate Investor, Entrepreneur, Houston, TXAttended Course : Speaking IngeniouslyHaving taken Charisma Enhancement from Bandler/Lavalle in 2002 in Mexico, I just finished Jonathan's 5-day Speaking Ingeniously course in...Jim RapsonNLP Trainer, Real Estate Investor, Entrepreneur, Houston, TXAttended Course : Speaking Ingeniously
Having taken Charisma Enhancement from Bandler/Lavalle in 2002 in Mexico, I just finished Jonathan's 5-day Speaking Ingeniously course in Orlando FL. (With due respect to Richard Bandler and John LaValle:) Here's why a person should take Speaking Ingeniously instead of Charisma Enhancement. Whether you have extensive public speaking experience but want to refine your skills or are a newbie who wants to stand out from the pack from the start, this course is a must for you. Here are the reasons why I think Holographic Communication is the superior choice: (1) Extensive practice at state chaining. Few skilled established NLP trainers will disagree that state-chaining is an integral part of any well designed training. Unfortunately few trainers will provide enough TIME, PREPARATION and PRACTICE in their training to really master the skillset. Several skills comprise the art of state chaining, including anchoring, state elicitation, use of tonality, etc. Jonathan teaches IT ALL. (2) Material and drills designed to "read" your audience while presenting. Some speakers are more focused on delivering their content, and less so on their audience's response. You need to be focused on BOTH. Few trainers will address this with any real level of detail and most will not set up drills to practice it. Jonathan does BOTH. (3) Preparation and practice with language patterns designed to generate the time distortion effect for learning. This wasn't taught at my Charisma Enhancement. (4) Immediate feedback on demos. FEW TRAINERS will offer you a comprehensive verbal review of your performance DAILY both good and bad. Jonathan does both. (this is not the same as some "green" well intentioned trainer's assistant giving you their "hepfull comments"). (5)Getting your audiences’s ATTENTION. This is a skill in itself- Jonathan coaches and drills students on this everyday thoroughout the training using what he calls developing a HEADLINE. Finally, this is not a complete list of all skills taught by Jonathan and there were other skills that Jonathan presented not directly related to group presentations, in response to our requests during training. He went out of his way to deliver on those.2007
- Rosie O'Hara, NLP Trainer, NLP Highland, Edinburgh, ScotlanAttended Course : Linguistic WizardryI thoroughly enjoyed Jonathan's Linguistic Wizardry in November 2006 in Glasgow, Jonathan's humour and at times subtle directness is...Rosie O'HaraNLP Trainer, NLP Highland, Edinburgh, ScotlanAttended Course : Linguistic Wizardry
I thoroughly enjoyed Jonathan's Linguistic Wizardry in November 2006 in Glasgow, Jonathan's humour and at times subtle directness is charming and enables great learning. I experienced these 3 days and his evening sessions both as a participant and sometimes from a trainer's perspective. The courses gave me more insight into myself (which NLP always does!), as well as more info, and exciting and useful NLP to bring to my own trainees, trainers and clients, as well as my own life. Jonathan's voice and careful testing of the waters in respect of humour are also delightful. And I met some great people. He's really worth the money, go for it, enjoy it and learn.http://www.nlphighland.co.uk2006
- Elaine Christakos, Financial Coach, Kelowna, BCAttended Course : Linguistic WizardryJonathan is a superb trainer and communicator. I am thrilled to have participated in his recent Seattle Linguistic Wizardry workshop. Jonathan has...Elaine ChristakosFinancial Coach, Kelowna, BCAttended Course : Linguistic Wizardry
Jonathan is a superb trainer and communicator. I am thrilled to have participated in his recent Seattle Linguistic Wizardry workshop. Jonathan has a way of transferring knowledge with such ease as to include everyone - regardless of prior training or NLP experience. I was in awe watching how Jonathan managed to reach everyone in a different way - while constantly keeping the entire group engaged. I've now got a renewed excitement for practicing my NLP skills, and am more eager than ever to keep it working for me. Although I thought my coaching calls were great prior to attending LW, soon after my training - I found my calls to be more fluid and effective. The words seemed to flow much easier and my use of embedded commands are more natural and useful. I also am better able to focus my attention on understanding the style of my clients patterns - without losing focus on the content of what I'm teaching. It has all been such a natural process that I'm eager to see where it will be most effective next.2007
- Silke Scheidereiter, GermanyAttended Course :Thanks for a wonderful & mind altering weekend - it was worth every single penny! [...] my brain just can't stop generating new ideas &...Silke ScheidereiterGermanyAttended Course :
Thanks for a wonderful & mind altering weekend - it was worth every single penny! [...] my brain just can't stop generating new ideas & solutions, identifying patterns, going through the huge pile of new information. [...] I still don't have a clue as to how you managed to get that much data into these few inches of my brain in such a short time!!! NLP seems to be much more effective & powerful than I ever dared to dream of.....2000
- Michael VanderDonk, NLP Trainer & Business Consultant, TOACH, Sydney, AustraliaPersonal :Michael Vanderdonk here. I'm an NLP trainer licensed by NLPTRB in Australia, trained primarily by Chris & Jules Collingwood and John...Michael VanderDonkNLP Trainer & Business Consultant, TOACH, Sydney, AustraliaPersonal :
Michael Vanderdonk here. I'm an NLP trainer licensed by NLPTRB in Australia, trained primarily by Chris & Jules Collingwood and John Grinder, with a wide range of other trainer experiences as well. I also assist at Inspiritive's NLP trainings. Some years ago, I used to be a very highly paid IT consultant, and now I'm using and training NLP and hypnosis in corporate Australia. I've seen some of the best, I've seen incredibly poor training, and I've also seen a wide range in between. I'd like to take a moment and share with you why US-based NLP trainer Jonathan Altfeld is one of my favorite trainers by far, not to mention why he's highly regarded by some of the best and most experienced trainers around the globe. My interest in Jonathan's work after having attended most of his courses in Australia led me to travel all the way to the UK to attend one of his seminars in particular. Jonathan's trained primarily by Richard Bandler, through the Society of NLP. He started training in '97, has trained all over North America and regularly trains in the UK and Australia. Unlike some who've trained with Richard Bandler, Jonathan seems to be able to navagate his way between the different NLP "camps". Jonathan even sports a gracious review from Chris & Jules Collingwood (John Grinder's favorite trainers!), and James Tsakalos in Melbourne. These high quality reviews aren't any surprise to me. When I first met him, over 6 years ago now, was struck immediately with his effort and care that he gave to his students that was far beyond the call of duty. I was surprised he joined and and even encouraged his students to continue on after the seminar, taking the new skills learnt in the classroom and applying them out in the real world. Jonathan, socially, is amazingly memorable. I remember one evening dinner with a small group from the course, and after a small demonstration with our waitress, every other waitress and waiter, and even a chef, came to our table to find out what was happening. Then there was the time he had the bar staff in stitches of laughter, so captivated they ignored the other waiting patrons (which is usually when Jonathan says "go help your customers")! While he does use several tricks to get these results, he's happy to teach these -- and usually does. His ability to communicate powerfully at different levels at the same time is what guarantees his results. His personality is magnetic, and the way he teaches quickly and easily transfers the skills. There was this time in Melbourne where once again I join him for a drink after the event. He's not even been in the country 48 hours, and the barman yells "Jonathan!" as he enters. His communication is memorable, even to those people who only meet him for a few minutes. I immensely enjoy Jonathan's work - If I didn't I would not be writing this, and I would not have attended most of his events in Australia. Nor would I have traveled around the world in May 2004 to see him and a fabulous hypnosis trainer Doug O'Brien co-train together in London. I've attended his NLP Skills-Builders course (an intro course). I've attended his Linguistic Wizardry course twice (language patterns). I've attended Knowledge Engineering (modeling & belief systems). I've attended his Belief Craft course with Doug O'Brien (combining Modeling Belief Systems with Sleight-of-Mouth). He is an outstanding trainer, able to lead a room mixed with 'beginners' and seasoned NLP trainers to a common goal - His village council exercise in Linguistic Wizardry in particular is a great example of this. If you want to train with the absolute best, start interviewing lots of NLP Practitioners, Master Practitioners, and trainers -- and find out who they think continues to be worth training with. There aren't many, but they are out there. And Jonathan is one of those few!http://www.toach.net
- Donna McGeorge, Speaker, Facilitator, People with PEP,Hired Coaching : Personal CoachingOn the 2 occasions that you have coached me, I have experienced what I assumed to be metaphor sessions. I'm not totally conscious of the...Donna McGeorgeSpeaker, Facilitator, People with PEP,Hired Coaching : Personal Coaching
On the 2 occasions that you have coached me, I have experienced what I assumed to be metaphor sessions. I'm not totally conscious of the process or content of the sessions, yet the results I have had from both sessions are as follows: Session 1 - desired outcome - "get some focus and direction for moving forward given that I'd achieved a lot of what I set out to. What's next?". Whatever you did, my business increased by over 30% in revenues following the session. My focus changed, and I implemented the "Donna the Diva" project, which has resulted in my getting my mojo back, and being way more confident in my skin and clear about what I'm good at. This has also resulted in my "sacking" 2 clients that didn't fit my vision for myself, and for PEP. Again, I'm not sure that I'm consciously aware of what I was doing differently - all I know is that a shift happened, and the result was useful (to say the least). Session 2 - desired outcome - "I'm earning more money than I ever had, and I am swimming in debt - help?! ". Again, I know we talked about a bunch of strategies and I'm clear they also were metaphors. I think our session was about 8 weeks ago? Well, since then - I have cleared all my creditors, and have over $25K in a personal bank account (something that has NEVER happened before). Steve and I are currently shopping for property, and I'm no longer afraid to answer the phone for fear of speaking to a creditor. The physical manifestation of this is that I used to have a folder that was nearly 1.5 inches thick full of bills and accounts. It is currently about an eighth of an inch thick - and these are all less than 30 days. So - that's a pretty literal description of my results of working with you, and I am most grateful to you, and look forward to further coaching. I am happy for you to use any of the above. None of it is a secret - I tell anyone who cares to listen about the results I get following your sessions.http://www.peoplewithpep.com.au/2007
- Brian Mertins,Bought Audio : Metaphor Machine CDsMetaphor was one of the skills that originally attracted me to NLP, but after reading books and attending seminars I still didn't understand how...Brian MertinsBought Audio : Metaphor Machine CDs
Metaphor was one of the skills that originally attracted me to NLP, but after reading books and attending seminars I still didn't understand how to generate it. The best thing about the Metaphor Machine is that it lays the process out in clear and easy to understand steps so that you can truly understand how to generate effective metaphorical contexts. I found the second part of actually utilizing the metaphorical context to generate the desired effect to be less concrete, but Jonathan gives numerous examples and then a really wild demonstration that shows where you might take it as you practice... Great Product.2009
- Steven Kenyon, Trainer, Network Consultant, Manteca, CABought Audio : Finding Your Irresistible VoiceI'm a technical trainer who frequently teaches MCSE bootcamps. What that means is I take a group of 10 to 20 people and cram 6 months of...Steven KenyonTrainer, Network Consultant, Manteca, CABought Audio : Finding Your Irresistible Voice
I'm a technical trainer who frequently teaches MCSE bootcamps. What that means is I take a group of 10 to 20 people and cram 6 months of learning into 1 or 2 weeks. This is an exercise for me as an instructor since it is 12 hour days, but with only 14 days to pass 7 tests, it's grueling for my students. Before I listened to your CD's, there were times when it seemed like no matter how much the students wanted to learn, they could only absorb so much in a day. About 8 hours into the second day most of my students would start to gaze over completely and frequent breaks were needed. Too frequent in my opinion (sometimes it's hard to get them to come back in and get going). With the proper use of your Dual Tone Voice & Modulation techniques, I found that my students could be completely captivated, even late into the last day! This program should be mandatory listening for teachers and trainers in any industry. Thank you for such an awesome program!2003
- Nick Fortune, IT Consultant, London, UKAttended Course : Knowledge Engineering"In three days time", he said, "you are all going to be better knowledge engineers than most of the people I've worked with....Nick FortuneIT Consultant, London, UKAttended Course : Knowledge Engineering
"In three days time", he said, "you are all going to be better knowledge engineers than most of the people I've worked with." I blinked. That sounded like quite a claim! Of course, we needn't have worried. Mr. Altfeld conducts his seminars like a Grandmaster laying a trap for a particularly wiley opponent. The opening moves seem so innocuous & then, it all comes together, & by the time you realise you've learned something, it's too late...to do anything except have fun using your new understanding, that is! The real topic of the seminar is modeling. Modeling is arguably the heart of NLP &, until now, a subject that has been pretty much opaque to me. No longer. Jonathan melds techniques from the world of computing with meta-modeling to produce a solid methodical approach to the subject, which is uniquely his own. What can I say? We had a lot of fun, we learned a lot, & most important, what we learned was useful & obvious in its application. If you get a chance to attend one of these events, do it!1998
- G.A., Sydney, AustraliaBought Audio : Finding Your Irresistible VoiceAfter reviewing your CDs I started realising how applicable it was in creating a new improved voice range. I realised that with very little effort...G.A.Sydney, AustraliaBought Audio : Finding Your Irresistible Voice
After reviewing your CDs I started realising how applicable it was in creating a new improved voice range. I realised that with very little effort people were listening attentively to me, even in crowded places and in places where machinery is constantly running. My workmates noticed it too, dropping comments as to how 'agreeable' it was to listen to my opinions, and how much more rapport was noticeable! My new girlfriend also refers to my voice as to one of my good qualities, which -- in combination with my other NLP techniques -- makes for my voice a seductive weapon of choice. I am recommending it to my friends. Thanks!2004