Learning NLP for Presenting, Training, & Public Speaking
The Outdated "cookie-cutter" Typical NLP path is:
Practitioner ⇒ Master Practitioner ⇒ Trainers Training
That's Obsolete for Today's needs.
Are YOU "one-size-fits-all?"
Design a custom Goal-Driven path.
Click on the area that interests you, most!
One thing is certain. You're here at this website, exploring and learning NLP, for your own reasons. If it hasn't already become obvious from visiting this and other NLP Training websites, there is no one single recommended path, or purpose, for learning NLP.
Over thirty years ago, NLP was developed primarily for and amongst an eclectic group of therapists, for rapid and profoundly powerful changework. Since the early days it has grown dramatically to encompass a vast range of extraordinary human skills, and is now used by hundreds of thousands of people across the globe. Perhaps millions.
There are many, many different reasons to learn NLP. Thus there should be many different ways/paths to learn NLP. How do you begin to choose where to start? Or what's next? Which trainers are best for you? Which home study materials? Hopefully this page will provide a recommended framework for further development, whatever your background, whatever your reasons for learning NLP, and however far you want to go with NLP learning.
Learning NLP comes from Hundreds of Reasons;
the Mastery InSight Institute can best serve you
in these Five Key Areas of Development.
NLP gifts sent by mail:
CD & Sensory-Rich Word-List
- Many NLP Practitioners are more sloppy with their thinking patterns, than they'd like to admit, or... would even notice.
- Watch NLP Co-Founder Richard Bandler use NLP to eliminate Michael Strahan's phobic response to snakes -- in minutes (with Kelly Ripa bringing over a BIG snake at the end to test Michael's response). Spoiler alert: It worked ridiculously well.
- Trial by Fire? No need. There are more pleasant ways to get great at Public Speaking (& other skills) (November 20, 2015)No matter what skill you want to learn, no matter what fears or concerns or hesitation you may have, there are and will always be a wide range of approaches, to learning that skill. It's important to keep that in mind when making learning choices.
- Did Ericksonian Hypnosis and/or NLP make these famous people into Wizards? (or help them become famous?) (September 12, 2015)Many more famous people have been trained in Ericksonian (indirect) Hypnosis and NLP than you might guess. There are certainly far more who have strong interests here than have publically admitted so.
- On January 1, 2015, Jonathan Altfeld and 20 other co-authors released a digital book entitled "Creating Business Growth."
- After six and a half great years based in central Pennsylvania, and running many courses in Washingt
- What are the Four Stages of Learning?
- In today's post, I share how and why an NLP Modeling project could be set up to fail, and what to do instead!
- In today's post, I share a sales-closing I think you'll love, and follow that with NLP skills applied to selling, including: Sensory Acuity, Sensory Awareness, Calibration, Using Suggestions to 'plant' thoughts ethically, and other NLP language patterns!
- How Well do NLP Techniques and Skills apply to selling, sales, wealth-building, closing deals, and making money? (August 18, 2014)Sales is one of the absolute best applications of NLP. Yet many salespeople well-trained in traditional models haven't taken advantage of this, usually because they're skeptical of whether or not NLP would get in the way of what they're alr
- Erol Thompson, London, UKAttended Course : Linguistic WizardryAs someone relatively new to the subject of NLP I greatly appreciated the mix and range of experience available to me on the linguistic wizardry...Erol ThompsonLondon, UKAttended Course : Linguistic Wizardry
As someone relatively new to the subject of NLP I greatly appreciated the mix and range of experience available to me on the linguistic wizardry seminar. Knowledge sharing wasn't just encouraged by Jonathon, but expected as a pre-requisite to getting the most out of the course. As a result this added to the whole seminar experience from day one. Perhaps of greatest benefit to me was the way that Jonathon ensured that we learned as much during lunch breaks and evening conversations as we had learned during the day. By joining us Jonathon showed how the material could be usefully integrated in the real world - achieving shop discounts ethically, was another great bonus. During the course, the practical sessions and brain gym exercises were highly enjoyable - I've already used one or two as handy exercises to occupy the attention of boisterous nephews and nieces. It seems NLP really is 'child's play'. In general, I would like to have played around with more examples of 'state-chaining' through story telling. The Village Council sessions allowed me to see for myself how I'd benefited from the course. Personal benefits for me since the course have been in my professional and social interactions - for instance I now find it easier to model the behaviours of colleagues who have enviable influencing styles; I now see interactions as an opportunity to share stories in a more exciting way; and the quality of my presentations (and joke telling) have improved. For this I believe Jonathon should take some credit.2006
- Quinton Zondervan, CEO, Excelimmune, Inc., Woburn, MAHired Coaching :I hired Jonathan for weekly 1-on-1 executive coaching, as well as invited him to spend two days with my team of scientists and managers, for a...Quinton ZondervanCEO, Excelimmune, Inc., Woburn, MAHired Coaching :
I hired Jonathan for weekly 1-on-1 executive coaching, as well as invited him to spend two days with my team of scientists and managers, for a customized presentation followed up with individual employee coaching sessions.
Jonathan was tremendously helpful in coaching me through some very difficult situations. We focussed primarily on "emotional state management" which he quickly diagnosed was where I needed the most help. Maintaining the proper emotional equilibrium while going through stressful situations to a large extend comes natural to me. Nonetheless, there was a lot of room for improvement, and Jonathan definitely helped me reach a higher level of performance. Working with Jonathan was an absolute delight because he would quickly assess the situation I would describe to him and give me clear, specific pointers on how to adjust my perceptions and options to create a more positive emotional state regarding the situation. From there we would seamlessly transition to specific training exercises to prepare for future situations. I use many of these techniques now without thinking about them; they've become part of my repertoire and toolset.
Not only was Jonathan able to help me improve my performance, he worked with my entire team to help them improve their internal communication. By appropriately confronting them with the need to take responsibility for the outcome of their individual attempts at communication, he was able to help many of them move towards a greater awareness of their own specific communication needs and approaches and to make adjustments to improve the outcome. One team member told me what an amazing resource he was. I was very pleased with the changes in the team's approach to communicating with each other. While communication is still of course not yet perfect among them, it has improved considerably, and this allowed the team to achieve an amazing result. We set goals for the end of the year that we thought were aggressive. In fact we ended up beating the date by 2 months. No doubt we got lucky of course in terms of not encountering major technical obstacles we could not easily overcome. Nonetheless I credit a significant part of our success to Jonathan's work in enabling better team communication. Just the knowledge that in fact there were specific, attainable ways to make communication better encouraged the team and gave them the confidence to work through tense or difficult situations more smoothly than before.
Jonathan is indeed a tremendous resource for those who want to improve their communications (in the broadest sense of that word). Ultimately all human achievement is based on our proficiency to interact with others in a way that makes it more likely we will achieve a mutually beneficial, mutually desired outcome. Jonathan is able to work with any team or individual motivated enough to seek help in doing better, and helping them improve. What I appreciate the most about Jonathan is that he does not try to create an unnatural dependence. On the contrary, he happily shares his techniques and uses exercises and training to help you internalize them. Like any good coach, he helps you get better and acquire new skills that you can use on your own to achieve amazing results.http://www.excelimmune.com/2011
- Paul Bielby, Cruise Ship Art Auctioneer, Ontario, CanadaAttended Course : Speaking Ingeniously"I am an art auctioneer. Before I took Jonathan's course in May 2005, I was making pretty good money, but right afterwards, my monthly...Paul BielbyCruise Ship Art Auctioneer, Ontario, CanadaAttended Course : Speaking Ingeniously
"I am an art auctioneer. Before I took Jonathan's course in May 2005, I was making pretty good money, but right afterwards, my monthly income literally doubled! To me that makes what I spent taking the course a bargain in the extreme. I only wish I'd known about it [earlier]!"2005
- Nick Kemp, Leeds UKBought Video : “Building Hypnotic Rapport”A great introduction to the many facets of building rapport. Jonathan is extremely fluid in his presentation of this subject perfectly pacing the...Nick KempLeeds UKBought Video : “Building Hypnotic Rapport”
A great introduction to the many facets of building rapport. Jonathan is extremely fluid in his presentation of this subject perfectly pacing the assembled delegates with his relaxed and fun approach to the material. His explanations of rhythm, mismatching, non verbal communication and frames of learning are excellent and its clear from watching that Jonathan has genuine enthusiasm in presenting seminars and is fully aware of how each of the delegates is responding both consciously and unconsciously as well as the dynamics of the group as a whole. As someone who avidly collects all kinds of NLP and hypnosis materials, (in CD, video and DVD formats), what I really liked about this DVD set is that Jonathan breaks the subject down into logical sections, which makes it extremely engaging and memorable for the viewer. His use of metaphors demonstrates someone who is in my opinion a natural presenter and I consider this DVD set invaluable and great value for money for anyone training in NLP, hypnosis or simply interested in improving their communication skills! In fact, I am sufficiently impressed by the quality of this set that I am going to seek out the other DVDs in Jonathan's "Skill-Builders Series".2005
- Joel Elfman, NLP Trainer, Massage Therapist, & more, New York, NYAttended Course : Speaking IngeniouslyConsistently, Jonathan delivers what he promises, and he will go out of his way to deliver special pieces that you ask for. For me, S.I. delivered!...Joel ElfmanNLP Trainer, Massage Therapist, & more, New York, NYAttended Course : Speaking Ingeniously
Consistently, Jonathan delivers what he promises, and he will go out of his way to deliver special pieces that you ask for. For me, S.I. delivered! There were a ton of learnings. Not only the explicit materials Jon presented but while he was layering knowledge into us (& unveiling the layering bit by bit) and moving us up the learning curves. Light bulbs from the huge array of other skills, other seminars I’ve gathered just kept popping off all the time. I got to connect a lot of stuff I learned elsewhere. It was fantastic! Headlines, State chaining, Anchoring, Embedded commands, Binders, etc. are a breeze. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll want a lot of practice to get better. But I have zero hesitation about going out there everyday, creating or just waiting for the opportunity to use these skills. And if I hesitate a little, then I know, there is going to be another opportunity any moment where I’m going to naturally, use pieces of what I was taught. And if for any reason I found myself hestitating in the future for some reason, I can use all the skills I’ve learned to state chain myself, easily and effortlessly. Just yesterday, 2 days after our seminar, I was on a job interview, and w/o thinking I started to use some of what I learned. It was so easy. And if I want that, it’s mine. If you’ve watched other trainers and wondered how they do what they do so elegantly or not. Take Jonathan’s course, let him show you how to unpack the pieces, and create your own amazing presentations. Jon’s course is great for any skill level, from Master Prac, Trainer to knowing nothing. One of the guys in S.I. had never taken a single NLP class before. Either he was an amazing natural or another testament to Jon’s teaching skill because he was able to handle all the learnings and exercises really, really well and keep up pretty well w/ the rest of us who knew a lot more NLP.2007
- Aaron Spurling, NLP Master Practitioner, Indianapolis, INAttended Course : NLP Master PractitionerOne of the things people interested in NLP often wonder about is where they can get high quality training. I did my Master Practitioner training...Aaron SpurlingNLP Master Practitioner, Indianapolis, INAttended Course : NLP Master Practitioner
One of the things people interested in NLP often wonder about is where they can get high quality training. I did my Master Practitioner training with Jonathan Altfeld and Doug O'Brien, and in my opinion they are two of the very best trainers out there today. Both Jonathan and Doug have vast knowledge and experience in NLP, and they are both gifted teachers. Furthermore, Jonathan's unique Knowledge Engineering" approach to modeling, together with Doug's mastery of "Sleight of Mouth" and Ericksonian hypnosis, make for an incredibly powerful combination that is not being taught literally anywhere else. I recommend that anyone who wants to take their NLP skills to truly world class levels should sign up for Jonathan and Doug's training immediately!2008
- Brian Mertins,Bought Audio : Metaphor Machine CDsMetaphor was one of the skills that originally attracted me to NLP, but after reading books and attending seminars I still didn't understand how...Brian MertinsBought Audio : Metaphor Machine CDs
Metaphor was one of the skills that originally attracted me to NLP, but after reading books and attending seminars I still didn't understand how to generate it. The best thing about the Metaphor Machine is that it lays the process out in clear and easy to understand steps so that you can truly understand how to generate effective metaphorical contexts. I found the second part of actually utilizing the metaphorical context to generate the desired effect to be less concrete, but Jonathan gives numerous examples and then a really wild demonstration that shows where you might take it as you practice... Great Product.2009
- James Tsakalos, NLP Trainer, Developing Magic, Melbourne, AustraliaAttended Course :K.E. is the most elegant thing I've come across for explicitly modeling belief and decision systems. I recently included some basic K.E. in an...James TsakalosNLP Trainer, Developing Magic, Melbourne, AustraliaAttended Course :
K.E. is the most elegant thing I've come across for explicitly modeling belief and decision systems. I recently included some basic K.E. in an NLP master prac training in Melbourne, and all the participants found it to be immeasurably valuable for explicit modeling (among other things). Based on the group's response to K.E. and the speed with which they were able to extract key belief and decision systems using this approach, I have resolved to make it a core part of my master practitioner curriculum from now on. Many thumbs up from me; Jonathan's K.E. material is just plain great. I can't comment on the home study course, but if you get a chance to attend a live K.E. training then I highly recommend checking it out.http://nlpmelbourne.com.au/2004
- Silke Scheidereiter, GermanyAttended Course :Thanks for a wonderful & mind altering weekend - it was worth every single penny! [...] my brain just can't stop generating new ideas &...Silke ScheidereiterGermanyAttended Course :
Thanks for a wonderful & mind altering weekend - it was worth every single penny! [...] my brain just can't stop generating new ideas & solutions, identifying patterns, going through the huge pile of new information. [...] I still don't have a clue as to how you managed to get that much data into these few inches of my brain in such a short time!!! NLP seems to be much more effective & powerful than I ever dared to dream of.....2000
- John Schertzer, Vice President, Securities, & NLP Master Practitioner, New York, NYAttended Course : Linguistic Wizardry"Right after coming back from his training in Boston, I was cooking! A few weeks after the training I did what many people said was my best...John SchertzerVice President, Securities, & NLP Master Practitioner, New York, NYAttended Course : Linguistic Wizardry
"Right after coming back from his training in Boston, I was cooking! A few weeks after the training I did what many people said was my best poetry performance ever -- actually had people calling be up, asking me to email poems to them, and to put them on my mailing list (but I don't have a mailing list) -- and since then I've been a very useful to my friends, family and clients, helping them deal with emotional and mental obstacles, and make creative breakthroughs and achieve their goals. Jonathan sets a great example, and blasts through beliefs that are holding you back from being your best. But I'll let YOU find out how."2005