I Prefer Training 15 Speakers, Not 1500
Here's Why I Like Training 15 People Max -- and not 1500+!
I'd far rather coach 15 people at a time, maximum, to become gifted presenters, than share my best secrets en-masse to 100's of people. (Though some of my courses accept up to 30 people, my speakers course accepts 15 maximum).
The 1st format guarantees major results in terms of integrated new skills, for every single participant. That rocks!
The 2nd format guarantees students can be complacent dissociated learners who may or may not take anything away with them. I want nothing to do with that. (This is one of the big reasons I haven't offered "CEU's" to students. Some people who need CEU's will take almost any course that fits their schedule and budget just to meet their requirements. Some view courses that help them meet their CEU requirements as an unfortunate necessity, rather than a privilege and an unprecedented opportunity to learn and become more gifted. Granted, some of those seeking CEU's will be motivated students. But by not offering them, I have found that everyone who attends my courses comes entirely for the fun & the deep skills they'll get from attending, not to mention the likelihood of some major personal and professional breakthroughs. You can be assured of meeting some amazing people at my courses, all of whom, literally ALL of whom, are deeply motivated to get blazingly good at these skills! I simply don't see complacent students at my courses. Ever. And for me, that makes my work a joy!
It is true that in the second format (i.e., training 1500+ students at a time), an occasional gem of a student will learn and retain a lot, but will still have next to no functional skills in place by the end, if they haven't been building the new skills into their behavior, every day of a course, with constant feedback.
There is no joy for me in the largest audiences. But when I can work with a small group of accelerated learners and committed speakers, every one of them will have tackled their biggest "Achilles Heels," and learned a profoundly effective model for presenting, in 5 days or less. That's inspiring work!
NLP gifts sent by mail:
CD & Sensory-Rich Word-List
- In today's post, I share a sales-closing I think you'll love, and follow that with NLP skills applied to selling, including: Sensory Acuity, Sensory Awareness, Calibration, Using Suggestions to 'plant' thoughts ethically, and other NLP language patterns!
- How Well do NLP Techniques and Skills apply to selling, sales, wealth-building, closing deals, and making money? (August 18, 2014)Sales is one of the absolute best applications of NLP. Yet many salespeople well-trained in traditional models haven't taken advantage of this, usually because they're skeptical of whether or not NLP would get in the way of what they're alr
- Do your emotions drive you? Or do you drive your emotions?
- NLP has enabled people just like you to discover that actively building, deepening, and maintaining Rapport creates stronger and more desirable results in communication settings of any kind.
- NLP Insights from Animal-Training helps you learn and teach more effectively!
- The A.I. Advantage: How and Why A.I. helps you with Decisions, Learning, Communication, and Success. (May 07, 2014)Relax; we're not talking about getting brain implants or strapping you into a big computer.
- All of us have, at one time or another, attempted to influence another person, to no avail. It's a universal experience to walk head-first into unresponsive stubbornness.
- You are hereby invited to harness a natural mental process that you've probably never controlled in your past, learn techniques that utilize that process, and then become more effective and influential in every area of your life.
- This blog post is dedicated to anyone and everyone looking to measurably improve their business careers, and the date of its publishing marks a major transition for the Mastery InSight Institute towards focusing primarily on helping people become measurably more effective in business, with NLP.
- There's been a rash of recent studies and publications that directly support NLP, accidentally!
- Tim O'Keefe, Web Developer & SEO Strategist, Spider Juice Technologies, Los Angeles, CAAttended Course :Jonathan, your K.E. Workshop is superb. I got 100% more than I ever expected. I find you engaging and a tremendous model. Your obvious respect for...Tim O'KeefeWeb Developer & SEO Strategist, Spider Juice Technologies, Los Angeles, CAAttended Course :
Jonathan, your K.E. Workshop is superb. I got 100% more than I ever expected. I find you engaging and a tremendous model. Your obvious respect for your attendees is admirable. What struck me the most is how fluid the 3 days were. By the 3rd day, everything easily and naturally shifts into understanding. After 1 week, I can tell you I have shifted. The models in my own life (that we worked on in exercises) have been shifting. I have come to some realizations that will be a major change in my business, ultimately allowing me to more fully enjoy my business for the reasons I started it. Thank you!http://www.spiderjuicetechnologies.com2004
- Tom Minter, Entrepreneur, London, UKAttended Course : Speaking IngeniouslyWhether you are looking to improve your speaking or to gain more of a mastery over yourself, Speaking Ingeniously is a course that will grow and...Tom MinterEntrepreneur, London, UKAttended Course : Speaking Ingeniously
Whether you are looking to improve your speaking or to gain more of a mastery over yourself, Speaking Ingeniously is a course that will grow and stretch you beyond what you previously thought possible. With each passing day you will be amazed and inspired as you feel your skill and confidence being educed from within. In my experience Jonathan's skills as an NLP trainer are second to none, and through his masterful and outstanding techniques you will be blown away with - and left open-mouthed - at your own potential. Thank you for the great five days, I really appreciate your time and commitment to us. It was also enjoyable and memorable to spend some great time on a personal level. No doubt we will have more chances again in the future...2006
- Nick Fortune, IT Consultant, London, UKAttended Course : Knowledge Engineering"In three days time", he said, "you are all going to be better knowledge engineers than most of the people I've worked with....Nick FortuneIT Consultant, London, UKAttended Course : Knowledge Engineering
"In three days time", he said, "you are all going to be better knowledge engineers than most of the people I've worked with." I blinked. That sounded like quite a claim! Of course, we needn't have worried. Mr. Altfeld conducts his seminars like a Grandmaster laying a trap for a particularly wiley opponent. The opening moves seem so innocuous & then, it all comes together, & by the time you realise you've learned something, it's too late...to do anything except have fun using your new understanding, that is! The real topic of the seminar is modeling. Modeling is arguably the heart of NLP &, until now, a subject that has been pretty much opaque to me. No longer. Jonathan melds techniques from the world of computing with meta-modeling to produce a solid methodical approach to the subject, which is uniquely his own. What can I say? We had a lot of fun, we learned a lot, & most important, what we learned was useful & obvious in its application. If you get a chance to attend one of these events, do it!1998
- Jay Cataldo,Bought Video : Persuasion SummitI have a heavy background in NLP and sales persuasion and I haven't seen Chris' material anywhere else. I think that the people who already...Jay CataldoBought Video : Persuasion Summit
I have a heavy background in NLP and sales persuasion and I haven't seen Chris' material anywhere else. I think that the people who already have an NLP background will benefit the most from his tapes; because you can use everything you already know and combine it with his [higher-level] strategies. Chris's teaching style reminds me of Richard Bandler's in the way that he uses countless stories to make points and get you to think outside the box. I think his entire plan was just to get you to shift your awareness and start thinking differently. My biggest epiphany came when Chris went into tremendous detail about perceptual characters and how to install custom criteria. After watching the videos, it finally clicked in my head and I truly feel it is one of the most useful principles I have ever learned. ESPECIALLY in the area of personal relationships. Light bulbs have been going off in my head for the last couple days now over this stuff. The Persuasion summit videos are about installing a framework so you can generate your own techniques in whatever context you need to. If you're willing to invest some time, this can easily be one of the best investments you will ever make. You can use his system in conjunction with any `techniques" you are using now. Like I said before, I think people with a strong NLP background will benefit the most from these tapes, because they are already used to installing new tools in their subconscious to obtain unconscious competency, among other reasons.2003
- Ustahi, KosovoBought Audio : Knowledge EngineeringMy life is really getting even more interesting, just now I finished listening one more piece of puzzle I've been missing - how to track beliefs...UstahiKosovoBought Audio : Knowledge Engineering
My life is really getting even more interesting, just now I finished listening one more piece of puzzle I've been missing - how to track beliefs. My belief about beliefs is that they're life itself. So why not learn everything about them? If you want a precise model of how to do it and get to know people's circuits then Knowledge Engineering is the course to study and put in immediate use. I'm soon going to become Telecoms/Computers engineer and Jonathans experience as AI expert really got me in a new world of possibilites. I'm thinking about how to use it in all the directions in my life. As a guaranteed side benefit from the course is also opening your ears and listening to what people tell you. I'm really finding this a true must skill one should have. I'd like to thank Jonathan for his way of putting the model and for his genuine interest in his customers.2002
- Mayra Rivera, Attorney, Miami, FLAttended Course : NLP Practitioner TrainingI recommend Jonathan's NLP Course to anyone who is interested in dramatically improving his or her rapport and communication skills. I am very...Mayra RiveraAttorney, Miami, FLAttended Course : NLP Practitioner Training
I recommend Jonathan's NLP Course to anyone who is interested in dramatically improving his or her rapport and communication skills. I am very impressed with Jonathan's quick and practical approach to the questions posed by his students. I have accepted the challenge to continue practicing these skills in the future, and strive to achieve Jonathan's elegance and mastery.1998
- Robert Bradford, Author & CEO, CSSP, Ann Arbor, MIHired Training : Bespoke In-house Training"Jonathan is a superb trainer with a deep understanding of his subject. His work developing the skills of my team has continued to add value...Robert BradfordAuthor & CEO, CSSP, Ann Arbor, MIHired Training : Bespoke In-house Training
"Jonathan is a superb trainer with a deep understanding of his subject. His work developing the skills of my team has continued to add value over time."http://cssp.com
- Jenny Waller, Life Coach, Coaching with Jen,Attended Course : Speaking Ingeniously"Jonathan Altfeld is a highly skilled communicator and trainer whom it is an absolute pleasure to watch at work. He cultivates a learning...Jenny WallerLife Coach, Coaching with Jen,Attended Course : Speaking Ingeniously
"Jonathan Altfeld is a highly skilled communicator and trainer whom it is an absolute pleasure to watch at work. He cultivates a learning environment which nurtures and develops the skills and abilities of everyone within the group, and created epic transformations."http://www.coachingwithjen.com/2006
- Peter Buchanan, Architect, Author, Urban Planner, and Critic, London, UKAttended Course : NLP Skills-Builders (course)A very enjoyable and energizing weekend, with lots of learning. Jonathan's skills are immensely impressive, and another big plus is the range of...Peter BuchananArchitect, Author, Urban Planner, and Critic, London, UKAttended Course : NLP Skills-Builders (course)
A very enjoyable and energizing weekend, with lots of learning. Jonathan's skills are immensely impressive, and another big plus is the range of things he brings in from outside conventional NLP. Generally, a first-class seminar, especially for those who have already done some NLP!1999
- Jim Rapson, NLP Trainer, Real Estate Investor, Entrepreneur, Houston, TXAttended Course : Speaking IngeniouslyHaving taken Charisma Enhancement from Bandler/Lavalle in 2002 in Mexico, I just finished Jonathan's 5-day Speaking Ingeniously course in...Jim RapsonNLP Trainer, Real Estate Investor, Entrepreneur, Houston, TXAttended Course : Speaking Ingeniously
Having taken Charisma Enhancement from Bandler/Lavalle in 2002 in Mexico, I just finished Jonathan's 5-day Speaking Ingeniously course in Orlando FL. (With due respect to Richard Bandler and John LaValle:) Here's why a person should take Speaking Ingeniously instead of Charisma Enhancement. Whether you have extensive public speaking experience but want to refine your skills or are a newbie who wants to stand out from the pack from the start, this course is a must for you. Here are the reasons why I think Holographic Communication is the superior choice: (1) Extensive practice at state chaining. Few skilled established NLP trainers will disagree that state-chaining is an integral part of any well designed training. Unfortunately few trainers will provide enough TIME, PREPARATION and PRACTICE in their training to really master the skillset. Several skills comprise the art of state chaining, including anchoring, state elicitation, use of tonality, etc. Jonathan teaches IT ALL. (2) Material and drills designed to "read" your audience while presenting. Some speakers are more focused on delivering their content, and less so on their audience's response. You need to be focused on BOTH. Few trainers will address this with any real level of detail and most will not set up drills to practice it. Jonathan does BOTH. (3) Preparation and practice with language patterns designed to generate the time distortion effect for learning. This wasn't taught at my Charisma Enhancement. (4) Immediate feedback on demos. FEW TRAINERS will offer you a comprehensive verbal review of your performance DAILY both good and bad. Jonathan does both. (this is not the same as some "green" well intentioned trainer's assistant giving you their "hepfull comments"). (5)Getting your audiences’s ATTENTION. This is a skill in itself- Jonathan coaches and drills students on this everyday thoroughout the training using what he calls developing a HEADLINE. Finally, this is not a complete list of all skills taught by Jonathan and there were other skills that Jonathan presented not directly related to group presentations, in response to our requests during training. He went out of his way to deliver on those.2007