I Prefer Training 15 Speakers, Not 1500
Here's Why I Like Training 15 People Max -- and not 1500+!
I'd far rather coach 15 people at a time, maximum, to become gifted presenters, than share my best secrets en-masse to 100's of people. (Though some of my courses accept up to 30 people, my speakers course accepts 15 maximum).
The 1st format guarantees major results in terms of integrated new skills, for every single participant. That rocks!
The 2nd format guarantees students can be complacent dissociated learners who may or may not take anything away with them. I want nothing to do with that. (This is one of the big reasons I haven't offered "CEU's" to students. Some people who need CEU's will take almost any course that fits their schedule and budget just to meet their requirements. Some view courses that help them meet their CEU requirements as an unfortunate necessity, rather than a privilege and an unprecedented opportunity to learn and become more gifted. Granted, some of those seeking CEU's will be motivated students. But by not offering them, I have found that everyone who attends my courses comes entirely for the fun & the deep skills they'll get from attending, not to mention the likelihood of some major personal and professional breakthroughs. You can be assured of meeting some amazing people at my courses, all of whom, literally ALL of whom, are deeply motivated to get blazingly good at these skills! I simply don't see complacent students at my courses. Ever. And for me, that makes my work a joy!
It is true that in the second format (i.e., training 1500+ students at a time), an occasional gem of a student will learn and retain a lot, but will still have next to no functional skills in place by the end, if they haven't been building the new skills into their behavior, every day of a course, with constant feedback.
There is no joy for me in the largest audiences. But when I can work with a small group of accelerated learners and committed speakers, every one of them will have tackled their biggest "Achilles Heels," and learned a profoundly effective model for presenting, in 5 days or less. That's inspiring work!
NLP gifts sent by mail:
CD & Sensory-Rich Word-List
- Trial by Fire? No need. There are more pleasant ways to get great at Public Speaking (& other skills) (November 20, 2015)No matter what skill you want to learn, no matter what fears or concerns or hesitation you may have, there are and will always be a wide range of approaches, to learning that skill. It's important to keep that in mind when making learning choices.
- Did Ericksonian Hypnosis and/or NLP make these famous people into Wizards? (or help them become famous?) (September 12, 2015)Many more famous people have been trained in Ericksonian (indirect) Hypnosis and NLP than you might guess. There are certainly far more who have strong interests here than have publically admitted so.
- On January 1, 2015, Jonathan Altfeld and 20 other co-authors released a digital book entitled "Creating Business Growth."
- After six and a half great years based in central Pennsylvania, and running many courses in Washingt
- What are the Four Stages of Learning?
- In today's post, I share how and why an NLP Modeling project could be set up to fail, and what to do instead!
- In today's post, I share a sales-closing I think you'll love, and follow that with NLP skills applied to selling, including: Sensory Acuity, Sensory Awareness, Calibration, Using Suggestions to 'plant' thoughts ethically, and other NLP language patterns!
- How Well do NLP Techniques and Skills apply to selling, sales, wealth-building, closing deals, and making money? (August 18, 2014)Sales is one of the absolute best applications of NLP. Yet many salespeople well-trained in traditional models haven't taken advantage of this, usually because they're skeptical of whether or not NLP would get in the way of what they're alr
- Do your emotions drive you? Or do you drive your emotions?
- NLP has enabled people just like you to discover that actively building, deepening, and maintaining Rapport creates stronger and more desirable results in communication settings of any kind.
- Quinton Zondervan, CEO, Excelimmune, Inc., Woburn, MAHired Coaching :I hired Jonathan for weekly 1-on-1 executive coaching, as well as invited him to spend two days with my team of scientists and managers, for a...Quinton ZondervanCEO, Excelimmune, Inc., Woburn, MAHired Coaching :
I hired Jonathan for weekly 1-on-1 executive coaching, as well as invited him to spend two days with my team of scientists and managers, for a customized presentation followed up with individual employee coaching sessions.
Jonathan was tremendously helpful in coaching me through some very difficult situations. We focussed primarily on "emotional state management" which he quickly diagnosed was where I needed the most help. Maintaining the proper emotional equilibrium while going through stressful situations to a large extend comes natural to me. Nonetheless, there was a lot of room for improvement, and Jonathan definitely helped me reach a higher level of performance. Working with Jonathan was an absolute delight because he would quickly assess the situation I would describe to him and give me clear, specific pointers on how to adjust my perceptions and options to create a more positive emotional state regarding the situation. From there we would seamlessly transition to specific training exercises to prepare for future situations. I use many of these techniques now without thinking about them; they've become part of my repertoire and toolset.
Not only was Jonathan able to help me improve my performance, he worked with my entire team to help them improve their internal communication. By appropriately confronting them with the need to take responsibility for the outcome of their individual attempts at communication, he was able to help many of them move towards a greater awareness of their own specific communication needs and approaches and to make adjustments to improve the outcome. One team member told me what an amazing resource he was. I was very pleased with the changes in the team's approach to communicating with each other. While communication is still of course not yet perfect among them, it has improved considerably, and this allowed the team to achieve an amazing result. We set goals for the end of the year that we thought were aggressive. In fact we ended up beating the date by 2 months. No doubt we got lucky of course in terms of not encountering major technical obstacles we could not easily overcome. Nonetheless I credit a significant part of our success to Jonathan's work in enabling better team communication. Just the knowledge that in fact there were specific, attainable ways to make communication better encouraged the team and gave them the confidence to work through tense or difficult situations more smoothly than before.
Jonathan is indeed a tremendous resource for those who want to improve their communications (in the broadest sense of that word). Ultimately all human achievement is based on our proficiency to interact with others in a way that makes it more likely we will achieve a mutually beneficial, mutually desired outcome. Jonathan is able to work with any team or individual motivated enough to seek help in doing better, and helping them improve. What I appreciate the most about Jonathan is that he does not try to create an unnatural dependence. On the contrary, he happily shares his techniques and uses exercises and training to help you internalize them. Like any good coach, he helps you get better and acquire new skills that you can use on your own to achieve amazing results.http://www.excelimmune.com/2011
- Linda Nurse-Thompson, London, UKAttended Course : Linguistic WizardryFor me the true value of a course becomes apparent after the session itself. How many times have you been to a training course where you heard some...Linda Nurse-ThompsonLondon, UKAttended Course : Linguistic Wizardry
For me the true value of a course becomes apparent after the session itself. How many times have you been to a training course where you heard some interesting things, promised you would apply them and then found that after a couple of months - despite all your best intentions - most of those great things you had heard were forgotten? Well, this is a course that has made a difference to my every day life. My skill at communication (both listening and sharing) has greatly increased and the fantastic thing is that as a result of this course I am still learning new things every day! So what is different versus other courses? Well firstly Jonathan managed to find a way to make the content of the course really meaningful for me (and the interesting thing is he found a way to achieve this for each one of the course delegates without losing out on the overall aims of the course), and secondly the course provided a number of tools that facilitates ongoing exploration and learning. One example, my brother had a presentation to do and after he shared some of his planned content my husband and I made a number of suggestions and observations based in our learning from the course with Jonathan. My brother asked how we could be so insightful. We explained and immediately my brother decided to sign up for the course.2006
- Jim Black, Philadelphia, PAAttended Course : Belief Craft MP3 SetOut of the many seminars and trainings I've participated in over the years, Belief Craft tops them all. If you make the decision to take this...Jim BlackPhiladelphia, PAAttended Course : Belief Craft MP3 Set
Out of the many seminars and trainings I've participated in over the years, Belief Craft tops them all. If you make the decision to take this course, you'll not only get everything you wanted, but also things you never imagined."
- Chris Arellano, North CarolinaAttended Course : NLP Practitioner TrainingThrough this experience, I've gathered many things that I did not have before. I am able to see things, and see them from new perspectives. I...Chris ArellanoNorth CarolinaAttended Course : NLP Practitioner Training
Through this experience, I've gathered many things that I did not have before. I am able to see things, and see them from new perspectives. I have learned and am still learning how to improve both myself as well as those with whom I come in contact. Things I have just described are somewhat vague in description yet very profound to me. I owe much of this trance-formation to Jon for providing the tools and facilitating the use of these new tools in a positive direction. Thank you.1998
- Allen Burnsworth, Real Estate Professional , Upstate NYAttended Course : NLP Sales WizardryHi my name's Allen Burnsworth; I'm here at the Sales Wizardry course, withAllen BurnsworthReal Estate Professional , Upstate NYAttended Course : NLP Sales Wizardry
Hi my name's Allen Burnsworth; I'm here at the Sales Wizardry course, with2011
- Nick Fortune, IT Consultant, London, UKAttended Course : Knowledge EngineeringThe real topic of the seminar is modeling. Modeling is arguably the heart of NLP &, until now, a subject that has been pretty much opaque to me....Nick FortuneIT Consultant, London, UKAttended Course : Knowledge Engineering
The real topic of the seminar is modeling. Modeling is arguably the heart of NLP &, until now, a subject that has been pretty much opaque to me. No longer. Jonathan melds techniques from the world of computing with meta modeling to produce a solid methodical approach to the subject, which is uniquely his own. [...] We had a lot of fun, we learned a lot, & most important, what we learned was useful & obvious in its application. If you get a chance to attend one of these events, do it!1998
- Silke Scheidereiter, GermanyAttended Course : NLP Skills-Builders (course)Great, great, great! Thank you so much for helping me to find out more about what I've already been doing well, unconsciously! This was exactly what...Silke ScheidereiterGermanyAttended Course : NLP Skills-Builders (course)
Great, great, great! Thank you so much for helping me to find out more about what I've already been doing well, unconsciously! This was exactly what I needed to take my NLP skills "out there" and to the next level... and beyond! And thank you for opening up a whole new world full of miracles & adventure. Now I'm ready to explore! My main goal in this seminar was to find a way to integrate NLP more into my day-to-day life. In the past I sometimes got frustrated because I felt that I learned something very valuable and never got around to using it - at least not in a way I could verify to myself. It was as if a connection was missing between what I knew theoretically and what I actually DID. That's changed! Not only am I now using my NLP™ skills... I can't even turn it off anymore!! I've become an active player in this game - and I love it! Just the other day I got a glimpse of what really effective communication feels like. I had an appointment with a guy who definetely was in a less-than-positive state and who had no intention of giving me what I wanted -- and I got my way!! I was in the right state, alert, got my language spot on (...did I tell you that I love sleight of mouth?), had the tonality right, paced and then led led led led him to feeling great about my demands... WOW... talking about flow!!! Thank you, Jonathan, for sharing your knowledge! And thank you for blowing my limiting beliefs apart once more...!1999
- Eric Rudnick,Bought Audio :Jonathan Altfeld has been building a reputation as a prolific NLP trainer. Knowledge Engineering is unlike many standard NLP programs. There is...Eric RudnickBought Audio :
Jonathan Altfeld has been building a reputation as a prolific NLP trainer. Knowledge Engineering is unlike many standard NLP programs. There is some use of NLP patterns, language, and hypnotic installation that one would expect in an NLP training, but that is not the focus with the K.E. program. The focus of this program seems to be training people’s perceptions around understanding and influencing belief systems, and how beliefs organize into belief systems. Altfeld’s style here is distinctly different than that of many other NLP trainers. He presents the material in a logical, explicit manner, with a lot of attention focused on his audience. The material is exceptional. There is some interesting information here which builds upon Robert Dilts’ Sleight of Mouth work. Jonathan really shows off his skills as a highly interactive trainer with a lot of focus on his audience. People involved in very conscious modeling projects, of modeling performers of tasks that involve very intricate decision making, particularly where decisions involve multiple steps such as working with computer or financial systems stand to benefit from this program. Jonathan presents some comments about how belief systems operate in groups, which I haven’t seen presented in any other public NLP material. Jonathan is clearly breaking new ground here.2005
- Arlene Hoffman, Miami, FLAttended Course : NLP Practitioner TrainingTake a remarkable journey with Jonathan Altfeld to a new awakening, a new beginning, and a Bigger and Better You. The tools and techniques of the NLP...Arlene HoffmanMiami, FLAttended Course : NLP Practitioner Training
Take a remarkable journey with Jonathan Altfeld to a new awakening, a new beginning, and a Bigger and Better You. The tools and techniques of the NLP™ Prac Training will elevate you higher than you ever thought you would soar. Learn, experience, grow rich in love, language, and personal success.1998
- Simon Applebaum, Harmonix Systems, Southampton, UKAttended Course : Finding Your Irresistible VoiceI learned loads and increased my confidence in my own voice massively. The course kicked off with an opportunity for everyone to speak to the group...Simon ApplebaumHarmonix Systems, Southampton, UKAttended Course : Finding Your Irresistible Voice
I learned loads and increased my confidence in my own voice massively. The course kicked off with an opportunity for everyone to speak to the group and we got immediate feedback on our vocal strengths and areas for improvement. The feedback was insightful and effective - even at this very early stage of the course, we were all achieving quite serious improvements. A key aspect of Jonathan's approach is the use of real-time feedback and he uses several tools to do this. The theory is that normally you don't actually hear your own voice quite as other people do - the sound changes as it travels through the bones and tissues of your own head! By using feedback, you hear a more accurate version of your own voice, as other people hear it, and you can make adjustments on the fly in response to it. This worked for me. Although I'd previously done voice work, this was the first time I'd used this approach. I found I could focus on the actual sound of my voice, as I spoke. I sounded better which increased my confidence, helping me slow down my usual rush to get finished. Overall I found the course great fun, I learnt loads and the time passed in a flash. I particularly appreciated the lighter hearted sections at the end of the day's training where Jonathan demonstrated his voice impersonation skills. Ranging from Stallone and Arnie, through to Marge Simpson, we were all encouraged to join in and explore the range of our own voices. Fun and with a very serious purpose: each accent we practiced exercised particular parameters of our voice. Because I attended the beginning and end of the course, I missed out a big chunk in the middle including any gradual improvements the other attendees were making in their voice. So for me, on my return on the final day, I noticed quite dramatic improvements compared with the initial session. Straw polls frequently show that many people lack confidence in their voice. If you consider your voice to be one of your key assets, Finding Your Irresistible Voice is a valuable and effective learning experience, where you could expect to make fantastic improvements, in a fun and supportive environment, that boosts your confidence.2006