Accepting Feedback From Others Gracefully - NLP Article
This email was in response to someone who was describing their having had a negative emotional reaction to receiving some criticism.
All information like this is feedback! We can learn from all feedback, "good" or "bad," so from the perspective of learning useful information, there is NO good or bad criticism, just, certain quantities of varying feedback. Which is all good!
So when we hear things like the above, the first response could be, "Yeaaaaahhhh, Feeeeedbaaaack!" and get hungry for it! Listen with intent! Step outside yourself while you're hearing it and be the observer. Be detached but involved! Leave the emotions out and be genuinely interested as a student-of-life...
Now, if you only hear a certain piece of criticism once from someone, and no one else seems to agree (don't go asking everyone, just pay attention to the responses other people offer consciously and unconsciously), ignore them! Yet, if its a pattern, then it becomes something you can take advantage of, and decide if your behavior could use a few adjustments.
You already know you can make that happen, don't you? :)
NLP gifts sent by mail:
CD & Sensory-Rich Word-List
- Watch NLP Co-Founder Richard Bandler use NLP to eliminate Michael Strahan's phobic response to snakes -- in minutes (with Kelly Ripa bringing over a BIG snake at the end to test Michael's response). Spoiler alert: It worked ridiculously well.
- Trial by Fire? No need. There are more pleasant ways to get great at Public Speaking (& other skills) (November 20, 2015)No matter what skill you want to learn, no matter what fears or concerns or hesitation you may have, there are and will always be a wide range of approaches, to learning that skill. It's important to keep that in mind when making learning choices.
- Did Ericksonian Hypnosis and/or NLP make these famous people into Wizards? (or help them become famous?) (September 12, 2015)Many more famous people have been trained in Ericksonian (indirect) Hypnosis and NLP than you might guess. There are certainly far more who have strong interests here than have publically admitted so.
- On January 1, 2015, Jonathan Altfeld and 20 other co-authors released a digital book entitled "Creating Business Growth."
- After six and a half great years based in central Pennsylvania, and running many courses in Washingt
- What are the Four Stages of Learning?
- In today's post, I share how and why an NLP Modeling project could be set up to fail, and what to do instead!
- In today's post, I share a sales-closing I think you'll love, and follow that with NLP skills applied to selling, including: Sensory Acuity, Sensory Awareness, Calibration, Using Suggestions to 'plant' thoughts ethically, and other NLP language patterns!
- How Well do NLP Techniques and Skills apply to selling, sales, wealth-building, closing deals, and making money? (August 18, 2014)Sales is one of the absolute best applications of NLP. Yet many salespeople well-trained in traditional models haven't taken advantage of this, usually because they're skeptical of whether or not NLP would get in the way of what they're alr
- Do your emotions drive you? Or do you drive your emotions?
- Michael S., NLP Master Prac & Success Coach, Portland, ORBought Audio : Automatic Yes CD-setI have ordered Jonathan's programs before and had VERY high expectations for this program… as with his other programs, Jonathan, *yet again*,...Michael S.NLP Master Prac & Success Coach, Portland, ORBought Audio : Automatic Yes CD-set
I have ordered Jonathan's programs before and had VERY high expectations for this program… as with his other programs, Jonathan, *yet again*, delivers not only through his insight into how the mind works, but through the exercises that put you into *immediate action*. I found myself, as I was listening, being able to notice how my own states link together and how I had gotten stuck in the past. I feel like Jonathan has handed me the keys to move beyond where I had been -- by noticing how to sequence your communication to get results. It's incredibly easy when you know how to do it. And Jonathan has the know-how and experience to be able to teach the topics that other trainers won't touch. Because if you're like me, you may have taken practitioner and master practitioner courses… maybe from VERY well known trainers… and have yet to see a trainer who directly approaches the topic of state-chaining. What puts "Creating the Automatic YES" and Jonathan's other audio programs ahead of the pack is that he gives you exercises to do throughout the program and he has the knowledge and experience so the skills will be ingrained not only your mind but in your body where they NEED to be to get results -- easily. I have found myself noticing which state people are in as I'm talking to them and where to take them to get outcomes easily. My own confidence as a coach has grown considerably in my ability to influence my own state in VERY useful directions through listening to this audio program… that alone was worth the cost of admission. If *you're interested* in another rigorous, intellectual NLP experience… BAD NEWS… But by doing the exercises Jonathan suggests (or was it demands?), you're in for a real treat by ordering this program! My highest recommendation - THANK YOU!!2009
- Donna McGeorge, Speaker, Facilitator, People with PEP,Attended Course : Speaking IngeniouslyI have just come off a 3 day training program with 13 people. I have to say I experienced amazing results and have integrated more HC than I thought...Donna McGeorgeSpeaker, Facilitator, People with PEP,Attended Course : Speaking Ingeniously
I have just come off a 3 day training program with 13 people. I have to say I experienced amazing results and have integrated more HC than I thought. During each of the breaks David [another Holographic Communication student] was coming to me and saying things like 'great amnesia patterns' and 'cool embedded commands' (or words to that effect). There were some that I was conscious of, and others that demonstrated unconscious skill. However, this course (Cert IV), through other public offerings, is often delivered in anything from 8 days to 6 months, and I had some (secret) concerns about pulling it off in 3 days... [judicious pause]... and I did. I believe that using the HC techniques of headlines, universals/truisms, moving people through states and using embedded commands meant this program had real legs and the content was delivered in an extremely accelerated, yet satisfying, way. In any case, the proof was in the pudding. Participants, in their final presentations, demonstrated *all* of the techniques that I had taught them and performed beautifully and "passed". Thanks again for an amazing workshop and more amazing experience. I will be recommending this program to my colleagues, and look forward to an 'advanced HC' program when it eventuates.http://www.peoplewithpep.com.au/2005
- Sara Wiseman, Author of “Writing the Divine,” “Your Psychic Child”, & “The Intuitive Path”, Portland, ORAttended Course : Speaking IngeniouslyVery few can do what Jonathan does! A true master teacher of NLP and inspired public speaking, he takes complex concepts and teaches them in a way so...Sara WisemanAuthor of “Writing the Divine,” “Your Psychic Child”, & “The Intuitive Path”, Portland, ORAttended Course : Speaking Ingeniously
Very few can do what Jonathan does! A true master teacher of NLP and inspired public speaking, he takes complex concepts and teaches them in a way so that you not only understand them intellectually, but absorb them at a deeper level. The result? What you’ve learned is there when you need it: with clients, for teaching and presenting, for speaking to audiences of all sizes. Highly recommended!http://www.sarawiseman.com2011
- Marc Carlin, Hypnotist, The NYC Hypnotist, New York, NYAttended Course : NLP Sales WizardryI just finished up a seminar with Jonathan Altfeld on NLP and Sales. As always I had a great weekend and experiential learning experience. Jonathan...Marc CarlinHypnotist, The NYC Hypnotist, New York, NYAttended Course : NLP Sales Wizardry
I just finished up a seminar with Jonathan Altfeld on NLP and Sales. As always I had a great weekend and experiential learning experience. Jonathan is a master at connecting NLP with real world skills and I learned plenty! [...] If you have a chance to train with Jonathan I enthusiastically support his work.http://www.hypnoticstate.com2010
- G.A., Sydney, AustraliaBought Audio : Finding Your Irresistible VoiceAfter reviewing your CDs I started realising how applicable it was in creating a new improved voice range. I realised that with very little effort...G.A.Sydney, AustraliaBought Audio : Finding Your Irresistible Voice
After reviewing your CDs I started realising how applicable it was in creating a new improved voice range. I realised that with very little effort people were listening attentively to me, even in crowded places and in places where machinery is constantly running. My workmates noticed it too, dropping comments as to how 'agreeable' it was to listen to my opinions, and how much more rapport was noticeable! My new girlfriend also refers to my voice as to one of my good qualities, which -- in combination with my other NLP techniques -- makes for my voice a seductive weapon of choice. I am recommending it to my friends. Thanks!2004
- Lyndell Carey, Financial Advisor, Coach/Facilitator,, Dynamic Mind, Port Charlotte, FLAttended Course : Speaking Ingeniously"This course is the best integration & application of NLP techniques I have ever experienced. Jonathan is masterful in his ability to help...Lyndell CareyFinancial Advisor, Coach/Facilitator,, Dynamic Mind, Port Charlotte, FLAttended Course : Speaking Ingeniously
"This course is the best integration & application of NLP techniques I have ever experienced. Jonathan is masterful in his ability to help you with your unique speaking & presenting problems. He essentially creates a custom "model" for each participant's presentation success based on your needs, style & goals. "http://dynamicmind.net2007
- Rosie O'Hara, NLP Trainer, NLP Highland, Edinburgh, ScotlanAttended Course : Linguistic WizardryI thoroughly enjoyed Jonathan's Linguistic Wizardry in November 2006 in Glasgow, Jonathan's humour and at times subtle directness is...Rosie O'HaraNLP Trainer, NLP Highland, Edinburgh, ScotlanAttended Course : Linguistic Wizardry
I thoroughly enjoyed Jonathan's Linguistic Wizardry in November 2006 in Glasgow, Jonathan's humour and at times subtle directness is charming and enables great learning. I experienced these 3 days and his evening sessions both as a participant and sometimes from a trainer's perspective. The courses gave me more insight into myself (which NLP always does!), as well as more info, and exciting and useful NLP to bring to my own trainees, trainers and clients, as well as my own life. Jonathan's voice and careful testing of the waters in respect of humour are also delightful. And I met some great people. He's really worth the money, go for it, enjoy it and learn.http://www.nlphighland.co.uk2006
- Silke Scheidereiter, GermanyAttended Course : Knowledge EngineeringThanks again for a wonderful & mind altering weekend; it was worth every single penny! I'm just after getting back to Germany & my...Silke ScheidereiterGermanyAttended Course : Knowledge Engineering
Thanks again for a wonderful & mind altering weekend; it was worth every single penny! I'm just after getting back to Germany & my brain just can't stop generating new ideas & solutions, identifying patterns, going through the huge pile of new information! I think the drive from the UK to Germany never seemed that short & productive before. I still don't have a clue as to how you managed to get that much data into these few inches of my brain in such a short time! NLP seems to be much more effective & powerful than I ever dared to dream of. You're a brilliant trainer & I'm glad to have had you as my "personal introduction" to NLP & Knowledge Engineering. Thinking back I can still feel the excitement of learning (& I still DO...) & the warm welcome I got from you & the group. Being relatively new to the whole field of NLP that means a LOT...at least to me! Thanks a million & I hope to see you again in the future. Maybe for another training!1998
- Elmer H. "Pete" Young, Criminal Defense Attorney, Augusta, GAAttended Course : NLP Practitioner TrainingI am waaay late in fulfilling my earlier intention of thanking Jonathan for the exciting and enlightening experience of his Practitioner course in...Elmer H. "Pete" YoungCriminal Defense Attorney, Augusta, GAAttended Course : NLP Practitioner Training
I am waaay late in fulfilling my earlier intention of thanking Jonathan for the exciting and enlightening experience of his Practitioner course in February, 2012.
I have since attended another and both have literally changed the way I approach, my clients, my trials and indeed, my life! I would tell every lawyer I know to engage Jonathan to improve their skills, but only if they didn't practice in my jurisdictions! These skills have enhanced my life, for sure! Thanks, Jonathan!http://www.GeorgiaDefense.com2012
- Jimmy McIntyre, Newcastle, UKBought Audio : Finding Your Irresistible VoiceI am delighted to say, that since I recieved the irresistible voice CD-set, listened to and utilized the techniques suggested, I've noticed...Jimmy McIntyreNewcastle, UKBought Audio : Finding Your Irresistible Voice
I am delighted to say, that since I recieved the irresistible voice CD-set, listened to and utilized the techniques suggested, I've noticed tremendous results. I am a student, but I work part time as a salesman (over the telephone) as well, and almost immediately noticed stronger response potential from customers, and seemingly more attention being paid to what I have to say by friends and family. Although I was aware of embedded commands through my knowledge of hypnotic language patterns, I had no idea how to utilize them. That was, until I received the CD-set. Now I use them Frequently and notice outstanding results. Anyone who wants to improve their voice quality and gain other peoples attention, I would certainly buy the Irresistible Voice CD-set. Thank you Jonathon, I hope to see you in the future.2002