Accepting Feedback From Others Gracefully - NLP Article
This email was in response to someone who was describing their having had a negative emotional reaction to receiving some criticism.
All information like this is feedback! We can learn from all feedback, "good" or "bad," so from the perspective of learning useful information, there is NO good or bad criticism, just, certain quantities of varying feedback. Which is all good!
So when we hear things like the above, the first response could be, "Yeaaaaahhhh, Feeeeedbaaaack!" and get hungry for it! Listen with intent! Step outside yourself while you're hearing it and be the observer. Be detached but involved! Leave the emotions out and be genuinely interested as a student-of-life...
Now, if you only hear a certain piece of criticism once from someone, and no one else seems to agree (don't go asking everyone, just pay attention to the responses other people offer consciously and unconsciously), ignore them! Yet, if its a pattern, then it becomes something you can take advantage of, and decide if your behavior could use a few adjustments.
You already know you can make that happen, don't you? :)
NLP gifts sent by mail:
CD & Sensory-Rich Word-List
- Watch NLP Co-Founder Richard Bandler use NLP to eliminate Michael Strahan's phobic response to snakes -- in minutes (with Kelly Ripa bringing over a BIG snake at the end to test Michael's response). Spoiler alert: It worked ridiculously well.
- Trial by Fire? No need. There are more pleasant ways to get great at Public Speaking (& other skills) (November 20, 2015)No matter what skill you want to learn, no matter what fears or concerns or hesitation you may have, there are and will always be a wide range of approaches, to learning that skill. It's important to keep that in mind when making learning choices.
- Did Ericksonian Hypnosis and/or NLP make these famous people into Wizards? (or help them become famous?) (September 12, 2015)Many more famous people have been trained in Ericksonian (indirect) Hypnosis and NLP than you might guess. There are certainly far more who have strong interests here than have publically admitted so.
- On January 1, 2015, Jonathan Altfeld and 20 other co-authors released a digital book entitled "Creating Business Growth."
- After six and a half great years based in central Pennsylvania, and running many courses in Washingt
- What are the Four Stages of Learning?
- In today's post, I share how and why an NLP Modeling project could be set up to fail, and what to do instead!
- In today's post, I share a sales-closing I think you'll love, and follow that with NLP skills applied to selling, including: Sensory Acuity, Sensory Awareness, Calibration, Using Suggestions to 'plant' thoughts ethically, and other NLP language patterns!
- How Well do NLP Techniques and Skills apply to selling, sales, wealth-building, closing deals, and making money? (August 18, 2014)Sales is one of the absolute best applications of NLP. Yet many salespeople well-trained in traditional models haven't taken advantage of this, usually because they're skeptical of whether or not NLP would get in the way of what they're alr
- Do your emotions drive you? Or do you drive your emotions?
- Mark Henry, Certified Hypnotherapist, Baton Rouge, LABought Video : “Building Hypnotic Rapport”Jonathan's skill builders DVDs are incredible. Learn about building hypnotic rapport by pacing and leading others breathing patterns. I...Mark HenryCertified Hypnotherapist, Baton Rouge, LABought Video : “Building Hypnotic Rapport”
Jonathan's skill builders DVDs are incredible. Learn about building hypnotic rapport by pacing and leading others breathing patterns. I synchronized my breathing with several attractive women at coffee shops and malls in the last month. Each turned their bodies toward me while I sat across a room. They gazed at me for several seconds. I felt that I connected with them on an unconscious level. I later spoke with them and were amazed at their friendliness to a complete stranger.2005
- Howard Wolf, Miami, FLAttended Course : Persuasion SummitPTPS was absolutely the best training in persuasion I've ever experienced. Chris' skills in NLP and persuasion are a compilation of the...Howard WolfMiami, FLAttended Course : Persuasion Summit
PTPS was absolutely the best training in persuasion I've ever experienced. Chris' skills in NLP and persuasion are a compilation of the best of Richard Bandler, Kenrick Cleveland, & Michael Hall, all combined. Chris has evolved these techniques, enhanced them, and repackaged persuasion for the new millenium. Chris has tested his techniques thousands of times through the thousands of telemarketers he's managed over the years. This seminar will go down in the annuls of NLP history.2001
- Michael Roach, Coach, London, UKAttended Course : Knowledge EngineeringI used to think modelling was strategy elicitation and from that I could never figure out how people like Richard Bandler so successfully modelled...Michael RoachCoach, London, UKAttended Course : Knowledge Engineering
I used to think modelling was strategy elicitation and from that I could never figure out how people like Richard Bandler so successfully modelled Erickson etc. I thought that maybe it was innate genius or maybe its something they don't teach explicitly now. In this training Jonathan brings his expertise from the domain of Knowledge Engineering (modelling experts and encoding that knowledge in software) together with his expertise in NLP. [...] What I had no idea of how to do before was how to code the information that I elicited. A Knowledge Engineer writes the rules that enable an expert system to make decisions, and while Cyberspace may be an overused word, its interesting to think of having a dataspace to represent the matrix of information you construct to build your model. [...] I recommend this training to those who want to learn how to model the excellence in other people and make it their own.http://michaelwilliamroach.com/2000
- Oscar Rodriguez, Hypnotherapist, Real Estate Agent, Hypnosis Washington DC,Attended Course : NLP Sales WizardryHey, my name is Oscar Rodriguez, I am sitting here at the end of an amazing class by Jonathan Altfeld. There's a couple of things about...Oscar RodriguezHypnotherapist, Real Estate Agent, Hypnosis Washington DC,Attended Course : NLP Sales Wizardry
Hey, my name is Oscar Rodriguez, I am sitting here at the end of an amazing class by Jonathan Altfeld. There's a couple of things about Jonathan that I've liked. He's kind of a person who (Oscar meant to say DOESN'T!) makes promises that he doesn't intend to keep. And it's really cool because, the promises that he makes, are always exceeded at every event that I have been with. So he taught us the 5 step process in Sales. Not only did he go meticulously through that step, but he helped us to break it down and to focus on the areas of weaknesses we had, or how to empower or become even stronger in places that we already knew we were doing, He told us very specific events, steps, and processes that we need to do to take to go to the next level. So were my expectations met, well, of course, I already expected great things and I got blown away once again. If you're a sales person, if you're any type of hypnotherapist, any type of a process-oriented person or any type of an individual who really needs to connect with others, persuade others to really get your message across. If you're a teacher, if you're the President of the United States, and want to get re-elected, Come. Listen, get action, and you'll be able to get not only the stuff that you need, but you'll be blown away by being able to get the results. if you're in the Washington DC area, if you take this class, come and join me for a refresher of this so that you can get what you really need. Thanks Jonathan!http://hypnosiswashintongdc.com/2011
- Crystal Spring, NLP Practitioner & Reiki Master,Attended Course : NLP Practitioner TrainingOnce again Jonathan has completed a training and brought us all to a beautiful crescendo, ascension of skills, clarity, and directed us in reframing...Crystal SpringNLP Practitioner & Reiki Master,Attended Course : NLP Practitioner Training
Once again Jonathan has completed a training and brought us all to a beautiful crescendo, ascension of skills, clarity, and directed us in reframing the hovering hesitant past to a powerful present which is future-paced and has maximal integration. Thank you Jonathan.1998
- Jay Cataldo,Bought Video : Persuasion SummitI have a heavy background in NLP and sales persuasion and I haven't seen Chris' material anywhere else. I think that the people who already...Jay CataldoBought Video : Persuasion Summit
I have a heavy background in NLP and sales persuasion and I haven't seen Chris' material anywhere else. I think that the people who already have an NLP background will benefit the most from his tapes; because you can use everything you already know and combine it with his [higher-level] strategies. Chris's teaching style reminds me of Richard Bandler's in the way that he uses countless stories to make points and get you to think outside the box. I think his entire plan was just to get you to shift your awareness and start thinking differently. My biggest epiphany came when Chris went into tremendous detail about perceptual characters and how to install custom criteria. After watching the videos, it finally clicked in my head and I truly feel it is one of the most useful principles I have ever learned. ESPECIALLY in the area of personal relationships. Light bulbs have been going off in my head for the last couple days now over this stuff. The Persuasion summit videos are about installing a framework so you can generate your own techniques in whatever context you need to. If you're willing to invest some time, this can easily be one of the best investments you will ever make. You can use his system in conjunction with any `techniques" you are using now. Like I said before, I think people with a strong NLP background will benefit the most from these tapes, because they are already used to installing new tools in their subconscious to obtain unconscious competency, among other reasons.2003
- Andy Smith, Trainer of NLP & Appreciative Inquiry, Coaching Leaders, FranceBought Audio : Metaphor Machine CDsJonathan Altfeld has done a first-class job of clarifying what makes a successful metaphor, and how to generate as many as you need. This CD set has...Andy SmithTrainer of NLP & Appreciative Inquiry, Coaching Leaders, FranceBought Audio : Metaphor Machine CDs
Jonathan Altfeld has done a first-class job of clarifying what makes a successful metaphor, and how to generate as many as you need. This CD set has given me a much better conscious understanding of how to use metaphor, and has changed the I way I teach metaphor use on my NLP Practitioner and Master Practitioner courses. Also, to my knowledge, this material is more advanced than anything else available on metaphor construction.http://www.coachingleaders.co.uk/2009
- Jamie Smart, Trainer, Entrepreneur, Salad, Leicester, UKAttended Course : NLP Skills-Builders (course)(Written in 1999) Thanks a lot for an excellent course - I learned a lot and was grateful for your openness in explaining the how behind the...Jamie SmartTrainer, Entrepreneur, Salad, Leicester, UKAttended Course : NLP Skills-Builders (course)
(Written in 1999) Thanks a lot for an excellent course - I learned a lot and was grateful for your openness in explaining the how behind the teaching as well as the course material. I really appreciated the 1-to-1 work, and enjoyed the SoM work immensely (more next time please!). Thanks for an excellent weekend, and I'll look forward to your next trip to the UK. Thanks & regards!http://www.saladltd.co.uk1999
- James Tsakalos, NLP Trainer, Developing Magic, Melbourne, AustraliaAttended Course :K.E. is the most elegant thing I've come across for explicitly modeling belief and decision systems. I recently included some basic K.E. in an...James TsakalosNLP Trainer, Developing Magic, Melbourne, AustraliaAttended Course :
K.E. is the most elegant thing I've come across for explicitly modeling belief and decision systems. I recently included some basic K.E. in an NLP master prac training in Melbourne, and all the participants found it to be immeasurably valuable for explicit modeling (among other things). Based on the group's response to K.E. and the speed with which they were able to extract key belief and decision systems using this approach, I have resolved to make it a core part of my master practitioner curriculum from now on. Many thumbs up from me; Jonathan's K.E. material is just plain great. I can't comment on the home study course, but if you get a chance to attend a live K.E. training then I highly recommend checking it out.http://nlpmelbourne.com.au/2004
- Michael Lovas, Consultant, Author, Speaker, About People, Spokane, WAAttended Course : Speaking Ingeniously"With considerable experience giving keynotes, I thought I was very good on stage. The new skills & confidence that Jonathan has guided into...Michael LovasConsultant, Author, Speaker, About People, Spokane, WAAttended Course : Speaking Ingeniously
"With considerable experience giving keynotes, I thought I was very good on stage. The new skills & confidence that Jonathan has guided into my mind make my previous level of professionalism pale and insignificant by comparison. This class is the best preparation for public speaking that I have ever seen, heard of, or experienced."http://www.aboutpeople.com/2002