Contact the Mastery InSight Institute
NLP gifts sent by mail:
CD & Sensory-Rich Word-List
- Many NLP Practitioners are more sloppy with their thinking patterns, than they'd like to admit, or... would even notice.
- Watch NLP Co-Founder Richard Bandler use NLP to eliminate Michael Strahan's phobic response to snakes -- in minutes (with Kelly Ripa bringing over a BIG snake at the end to test Michael's response). Spoiler alert: It worked ridiculously well.
- Trial by Fire? No need. There are more pleasant ways to get great at Public Speaking (& other skills) (November 20, 2015)No matter what skill you want to learn, no matter what fears or concerns or hesitation you may have, there are and will always be a wide range of approaches, to learning that skill. It's important to keep that in mind when making learning choices.
- Did Ericksonian Hypnosis and/or NLP make these famous people into Wizards? (or help them become famous?) (September 12, 2015)Many more famous people have been trained in Ericksonian (indirect) Hypnosis and NLP than you might guess. There are certainly far more who have strong interests here than have publically admitted so.
- On January 1, 2015, Jonathan Altfeld and 20 other co-authors released a digital book entitled "Creating Business Growth."
- After six and a half great years based in central Pennsylvania, and running many courses in Washingt
- What are the Four Stages of Learning?
- In today's post, I share how and why an NLP Modeling project could be set up to fail, and what to do instead!
- In today's post, I share a sales-closing I think you'll love, and follow that with NLP skills applied to selling, including: Sensory Acuity, Sensory Awareness, Calibration, Using Suggestions to 'plant' thoughts ethically, and other NLP language patterns!
- How Well do NLP Techniques and Skills apply to selling, sales, wealth-building, closing deals, and making money? (August 18, 2014)Sales is one of the absolute best applications of NLP. Yet many salespeople well-trained in traditional models haven't taken advantage of this, usually because they're skeptical of whether or not NLP would get in the way of what they're alr
- Michael VanderDonk, NLP Trainer & Business Consultant, TOACH, Sydney, AustraliaPersonal :Michael Vanderdonk here. I'm an NLP trainer licensed by NLPTRB in Australia, trained primarily by Chris & Jules Collingwood and John...Michael VanderDonkNLP Trainer & Business Consultant, TOACH, Sydney, AustraliaPersonal :
Michael Vanderdonk here. I'm an NLP trainer licensed by NLPTRB in Australia, trained primarily by Chris & Jules Collingwood and John Grinder, with a wide range of other trainer experiences as well. I also assist at Inspiritive's NLP trainings. Some years ago, I used to be a very highly paid IT consultant, and now I'm using and training NLP and hypnosis in corporate Australia. I've seen some of the best, I've seen incredibly poor training, and I've also seen a wide range in between. I'd like to take a moment and share with you why US-based NLP trainer Jonathan Altfeld is one of my favorite trainers by far, not to mention why he's highly regarded by some of the best and most experienced trainers around the globe. My interest in Jonathan's work after having attended most of his courses in Australia led me to travel all the way to the UK to attend one of his seminars in particular. Jonathan's trained primarily by Richard Bandler, through the Society of NLP. He started training in '97, has trained all over North America and regularly trains in the UK and Australia. Unlike some who've trained with Richard Bandler, Jonathan seems to be able to navagate his way between the different NLP "camps". Jonathan even sports a gracious review from Chris & Jules Collingwood (John Grinder's favorite trainers!), and James Tsakalos in Melbourne. These high quality reviews aren't any surprise to me. When I first met him, over 6 years ago now, was struck immediately with his effort and care that he gave to his students that was far beyond the call of duty. I was surprised he joined and and even encouraged his students to continue on after the seminar, taking the new skills learnt in the classroom and applying them out in the real world. Jonathan, socially, is amazingly memorable. I remember one evening dinner with a small group from the course, and after a small demonstration with our waitress, every other waitress and waiter, and even a chef, came to our table to find out what was happening. Then there was the time he had the bar staff in stitches of laughter, so captivated they ignored the other waiting patrons (which is usually when Jonathan says "go help your customers")! While he does use several tricks to get these results, he's happy to teach these -- and usually does. His ability to communicate powerfully at different levels at the same time is what guarantees his results. His personality is magnetic, and the way he teaches quickly and easily transfers the skills. There was this time in Melbourne where once again I join him for a drink after the event. He's not even been in the country 48 hours, and the barman yells "Jonathan!" as he enters. His communication is memorable, even to those people who only meet him for a few minutes. I immensely enjoy Jonathan's work - If I didn't I would not be writing this, and I would not have attended most of his events in Australia. Nor would I have traveled around the world in May 2004 to see him and a fabulous hypnosis trainer Doug O'Brien co-train together in London. I've attended his NLP Skills-Builders course (an intro course). I've attended his Linguistic Wizardry course twice (language patterns). I've attended Knowledge Engineering (modeling & belief systems). I've attended his Belief Craft course with Doug O'Brien (combining Modeling Belief Systems with Sleight-of-Mouth). He is an outstanding trainer, able to lead a room mixed with 'beginners' and seasoned NLP trainers to a common goal - His village council exercise in Linguistic Wizardry in particular is a great example of this. If you want to train with the absolute best, start interviewing lots of NLP Practitioners, Master Practitioners, and trainers -- and find out who they think continues to be worth training with. There aren't many, but they are out there. And Jonathan is one of those few!http://www.toach.net
- Nick Fortune, IT Consultant, London, UKAttended Course : Knowledge Engineering"In three days time", he said, "you are all going to be better knowledge engineers than most of the people I've worked with....Nick FortuneIT Consultant, London, UKAttended Course : Knowledge Engineering
"In three days time", he said, "you are all going to be better knowledge engineers than most of the people I've worked with." I blinked. That sounded like quite a claim! Of course, we needn't have worried. Mr. Altfeld conducts his seminars like a Grandmaster laying a trap for a particularly wiley opponent. The opening moves seem so innocuous & then, it all comes together, & by the time you realise you've learned something, it's too late...to do anything except have fun using your new understanding, that is! The real topic of the seminar is modeling. Modeling is arguably the heart of NLP &, until now, a subject that has been pretty much opaque to me. No longer. Jonathan melds techniques from the world of computing with meta-modeling to produce a solid methodical approach to the subject, which is uniquely his own. What can I say? We had a lot of fun, we learned a lot, & most important, what we learned was useful & obvious in its application. If you get a chance to attend one of these events, do it!1998
- Aaron Spurling, Attorney, Indianapolis, INAttended Course : “Irresistible Voice”seminarThe training was fantastic. The focus of the seminar is, of course, on improving the quality of one's voice. Jonathan kicked off the process by...Aaron SpurlingAttorney, Indianapolis, INAttended Course : “Irresistible Voice”seminar
The training was fantastic. The focus of the seminar is, of course, on improving the quality of one's voice. Jonathan kicked off the process by spending some time explaining to the group the basic concepts of how the human vocal mechanism works and what are the components that make up a pleasing voice. We then engaged in an extremely effective session in which Jonathan gave personal attention to each of the attendees to identify their unique strengths and weaknesses. I was frankly amazed at the ease, rapidity, and precision with which Jonathan was able to zero in on each person's challenges and potentials. In my own case, he was able to identify three specific areas on which I needed to focus in order to gain the most improvement. To be blunt, he was absolutely right on all three. We then spent time practicing various drills aimed at acquiring and/or strengthening various vocal skills. The drills themselves were generally quite fun and productive. During the drills on all three days, Jonathan would circulate among the various breakout groups and provide individualized feedback. His style of providing the feedback was invariably frank, yet always respectful and sensitive to the participants' feelings. At the end of the three days, my own three problem areas were, I believe, far less problematic thanks to Jonathan's expert guidance. The bottom line: If improving your vocal quality is something that interests you, I would unreservedly recommend Jonathan's seminar.2007
- Erol Thompson, London, UKAttended Course : Linguistic WizardryAs someone relatively new to the subject of NLP I greatly appreciated the mix and range of experience available to me on the linguistic wizardry...Erol ThompsonLondon, UKAttended Course : Linguistic Wizardry
As someone relatively new to the subject of NLP I greatly appreciated the mix and range of experience available to me on the linguistic wizardry seminar. Knowledge sharing wasn't just encouraged by Jonathon, but expected as a pre-requisite to getting the most out of the course. As a result this added to the whole seminar experience from day one. Perhaps of greatest benefit to me was the way that Jonathon ensured that we learned as much during lunch breaks and evening conversations as we had learned during the day. By joining us Jonathon showed how the material could be usefully integrated in the real world - achieving shop discounts ethically, was another great bonus. During the course, the practical sessions and brain gym exercises were highly enjoyable - I've already used one or two as handy exercises to occupy the attention of boisterous nephews and nieces. It seems NLP really is 'child's play'. In general, I would like to have played around with more examples of 'state-chaining' through story telling. The Village Council sessions allowed me to see for myself how I'd benefited from the course. Personal benefits for me since the course have been in my professional and social interactions - for instance I now find it easier to model the behaviours of colleagues who have enviable influencing styles; I now see interactions as an opportunity to share stories in a more exciting way; and the quality of my presentations (and joke telling) have improved. For this I believe Jonathon should take some credit.2006
- Silke Scheidereiter, GermanyAttended Course :Thanks for a wonderful & mind altering weekend - it was worth every single penny! [...] my brain just can't stop generating new ideas &...Silke ScheidereiterGermanyAttended Course :
Thanks for a wonderful & mind altering weekend - it was worth every single penny! [...] my brain just can't stop generating new ideas & solutions, identifying patterns, going through the huge pile of new information. [...] I still don't have a clue as to how you managed to get that much data into these few inches of my brain in such a short time!!! NLP seems to be much more effective & powerful than I ever dared to dream of.....2000
- Bob Anzlovar, IT Consultant, Denver, COAttended Course : “Irresistible Voice”seminarI've trained with Jonathan twice now. If you want whizbang magick but don't mind not necessarily knowing how it happens, there are lots of...Bob AnzlovarIT Consultant, Denver, COAttended Course : “Irresistible Voice”seminar
I've trained with Jonathan twice now. If you want whizbang magick but don't mind not necessarily knowing how it happens, there are lots of folks who provide that. If you want nuts and bolts and understanding of exactly how they go together, Jonathan is good for that. I recommend him for anyone who wants to know what really happened at that other seminar! Thanks for the weekend!2009
- Maureen Stevenson, Cafe Manager, Nottingham, UKAttended Course : Belief Craft MP3 Set"As a person who has never attended any NLP or KE Sessions before, I have found the whole experience useful to me and feel that I am going away...Maureen StevensonCafe Manager, Nottingham, UKAttended Course : Belief Craft MP3 Set
"As a person who has never attended any NLP or KE Sessions before, I have found the whole experience useful to me and feel that I am going away with a wealth of knowledge I believe will guide me through many areas of my life. I am excited about attending more trainings in the future."2005
- Jenny Waller, Life Coach, Coaching with Jen,Attended Course : Speaking Ingeniously"Jonathan Altfeld is a highly skilled communicator and trainer whom it is an absolute pleasure to watch at work. He cultivates a learning...Jenny WallerLife Coach, Coaching with Jen,Attended Course : Speaking Ingeniously
"Jonathan Altfeld is a highly skilled communicator and trainer whom it is an absolute pleasure to watch at work. He cultivates a learning environment which nurtures and develops the skills and abilities of everyone within the group, and created epic transformations."http://www.coachingwithjen.com/2006
- James Tsakalos, NLP Trainer, Developing Magic, Melbourne, AustraliaPersonal :Jonathan? He's very good. It's as simple as that. I would be willing to leave my students in his hands, and that puts him in the company...James TsakalosNLP Trainer, Developing Magic, Melbourne, AustraliaPersonal :
Jonathan? He's very good. It's as simple as that. I would be willing to leave my students in his hands, and that puts him in the company of maybe two or three other trainers who share that much of my respect. This is a guy who looks after every one of his students, works hard, has plenty of fun along the way and makes sure that everybody else does too. And he knows his stuff. From a student's point of view, this means that you're getting someone with top-notch skills and expertise. And from another NLP trainer's point of view - oooh baby! See, everyone knows that expertise in the nuts and bolts of NLP training will get you good results, and many trainers just stop there. But some of us aren't satisfied with nuts and bolts. Some of us want more. Because deep down, we know that there's technical skill, and then there's artistry! And this guy is an artist. As another trainer, it's an absolute joy to watch Jonathan weaving his magic. It's very easy to see that he loves what he does, and he loves doing it well. The number of NLP trainers that I endorse without reservation can be counted on the fingers of one hand (in fact, I could count them and still have room to spare for a couple of finger puppets). Jonathan is one of those trainers. If you have a chance to enroll in one of his seminars then you have a fantastic opportunity to experience quality NLP training with one of the best and most accessible trainers you're likely to find. My advice? Make the most of the opportunity - you'll have a great time, you'll learn a lot more than you think, and you'll develop some fantastic skills without even realising it until you notice yourself using them to great effect long after the course is over.http://nlpmelbourne.com.au/2011
- Elmer H. "Pete" Young, Criminal Defense Attorney, Augusta, GAAttended Course : NLP Practitioner TrainingI am waaay late in fulfilling my earlier intention of thanking Jonathan for the exciting and enlightening experience of his Practitioner course in...Elmer H. "Pete" YoungCriminal Defense Attorney, Augusta, GAAttended Course : NLP Practitioner Training
I am waaay late in fulfilling my earlier intention of thanking Jonathan for the exciting and enlightening experience of his Practitioner course in February, 2012.
I have since attended another and both have literally changed the way I approach, my clients, my trials and indeed, my life! I would tell every lawyer I know to engage Jonathan to improve their skills, but only if they didn't practice in my jurisdictions! These skills have enhanced my life, for sure! Thanks, Jonathan!http://www.GeorgiaDefense.com2012